Fulda won't work

Forum for the Modern Campaigns games series
Phoenix

Fulda won't work

Post by Phoenix »

Just downloaded and did a fresh install of Fulda, started up Bamberg hotseat and everytime I try to end first Pact turn and save I get an error pop up (attached pic below) and then when it loads up the Nato turn there are no Nato pieces on the map and the game is frozen.
1.png
1.png (182.09 KiB) Viewed 731 times
Any ideas, anyone? Reinstalling doesn't help.

Thanks.

UPDATE: Tried a new install of Danube Front too and get the same issue. In both titles it only happens with hotseat games, against the AI it's fine.
UPDATE 2: I can avoid the problem and the crash by saving manually BEFORE hitting the first end turn and getting the save prompt. It's the first game-generated save prompt that's the issue.
rahamy

Re: Fulda won't work

Post by rahamy »

Very odd, just fired up a hotseat game of Fulda with the Started scenario - was able to advance the turn, was prompted to save, did so and continued into the NATO turn without issue.

You should write us at Helpdesk@wargameds.com so we can work through this and get to the bottom of the problem.
Rich Hamilton
WDS Operations Manager
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Thanks Rich, but since I've got an easy workaround (save manually before the end of turn save prompt comes) I'm ok. Just posted in case it was a general issue, but if it's not, then no worries.
count_fuzzball

Post by count_fuzzball »

Just reporting too that I can reproduce this bug too.

Steps:
Make sure Saves folder is empty.
Load up Fulda Gap getting started scenario in two player hot-seat.
Click the Advance to next turn from Warsaw Pact's side to the NATO player's side.
Click "cancel" to not save the battle for that turn.
Click "cancel" again to not save the battle for that turn.
Click "No" when it says "do you want to save the current file?"

Result:
The error Phoenix posted above is seen.