Blog Post - 2023 End of Year Update

Forum for official news from Wargame Design Studio
rahamy

Blog Post - 2023 End of Year Update

Post by rahamy »

2023 was an amazing year for WDS and here's a recap to cover it:

https://wargameds.com/blogs/news/2023-e ... ear-update

Thank you one and all for your support. You obviously like what we are doing. :)
Rich Hamilton
WDS Operations Manager
Erzhog Karl

Re: Blog Post - 2023 End of Year Update

Post by Erzhog Karl »

The 2023 blog post was an amazing read and as I noted previously, WDS are to be thanked most profusely for their focus and dedication to the games and in particular to the after sales/service support they provide. It is most refreshing and indeed heartening to see that a problem or issue encountered will be answered promptly and resolved just as quickly.

I wish to raise Two points with regard to the blog post for your attention, if I may.

The first refers as follows and quoted: "We would particularly welcome after-action reports (AARs), player reviews of titles or series, game play insights and game modifications.” In this regard, as it was omitted from mention, is the collection of CWB series AAR's created by Blake Strickler of the ACWGC. He initially created these textually & graphically but has since moved them to video presentation on YouTube. They present the WDS CWB series of games in the most outstanding format and the AAR's are without doubt amongst the very best available.
https://blakeacwgc.wixsite.com/afteractionreports.
The Youtube video AAR's may be located under the ACWGC where in addition to the AAR's there are a periodic collection of insights into the WDS CWB series, titled 'A Game and a Chair.

My second point refers to an old and long favored period of mine and a long awaited title, The Franco-Prussian War. I have, to date, never come across a PC game on the FPW that works well. I have contended here, on a number of occasions, that it is my belief that the WDS game engine would make for a truly outstanding presentation of this fine period. It was noted here, only the other day, that SGS have a FPW game in their 2025 pipeline and I believe that if any company can do justice to such a production it would be either WDS or SGS. As the blog post covered and reviewed the year 2023 and with broad outlines for the coming year I could not pass the opportunity to once again raise this matter.

In conclusion, a fine year for WDS, and IMHO well and truly deserved, and the hope that 2024 may surpass that of 2023 for the company, that they may continue to go from strength to strength in delivering some of the finest games on the market.
rahamy

Re: Blog Post - 2023 End of Year Update

Post by rahamy »

Erzhog Karl wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:25 pm The first refers as follows and quoted: "We would particularly welcome after-action reports (AARs), player reviews of titles or series, game play insights and game modifications.” In this regard, as it was omitted from mention, is the collection of CWB series AAR's created by Blake Strickler of the ACWGC. He initially created these textually & graphically but has since moved them to video presentation on YouTube. They present the WDS CWB series of games in the most outstanding format and the AAR's are without doubt amongst the very best available.
https://blakeacwgc.wixsite.com/afteractionreports.
The Youtube video AAR's may be located under the ACWGC where in addition to the AAR's there are a periodic collection of insights into the WDS CWB series, titled 'A Game and a Chair.
We're sure there's much floating around the web, but these have not been submitted to us for publishing. That's what our post was referring to - like the Napoleonic articles - items that ended up being posted in our Blogs. 8-)
Rich Hamilton
WDS Operations Manager