7YW - Sound cut out after some time.

Forum for the Musket & Pike games series
Rindviech

7YW - Sound cut out after some time.

Post by Rindviech »

Hello,

I am facing the issue that the sounds just stop working after some time ingame. 2 Days ago it even stopped outside of the game and continued after closing 7YW. It continued until I disabled/re-enabled my audiodevice in windows device-manager.
I tried that solution today ingame but that was not successful.
So basically everytime I play this game the sound cuts out after a few minutes. Then I only hear the windows-warning message when I missclick stuff.
Maybe it does not like the soundcard.

############

Also a question also related to audio: is it by design that the inital background-noices stop after a minute or so? It needs a reloop imo for better atmosphere :).

Off-Topic: I like that the counters have regimental colors. Unfortunatly, in some scenarios some regiments use the same color, would be cool if you could extend that to more different colors so that it is easier to differentiate directly between your regiments/leaders

###
Win10
RTX3080
16GB DDR4 RAM 3200MHZ
Ryzen 7 3700x
Soundcard: Asus Xonar DGX ( ASUSTeK: latest driver: 8.1.8.1823 from 02.06.2015)
Last edited by Rindviech on Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
GMcClellan

Re: 7YW - Sound cut out after some time.

Post by GMcClellan »

It's always best to send a message to the support account for this kind of thing.
Scenario Designer: Naval Campaigns & Musket and Pike
Dion

Post by Dion »

Rindviech wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:00 pm Also a question also related to audio: is it by design that the inital background-noices stop after a minute or so? It needs a reloop imo for better atmosphere :).
If you mean the sound pauses for a second then comes back on, over and over again, all the computer game companies do that, I don't know what type of atmosphere they're trying to reproduce. I just turn the background sound off, so I can get some peace and concentrate on the game.
Rindviech

Post by Rindviech »

Dion wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:00 am
Rindviech wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:00 pm Also a question also related to audio: is it by design that the inital background-noices stop after a minute or so? It needs a reloop imo for better atmosphere :).
If you mean the sound pauses for a second then comes back on, over and over again, all the computer game companies do that, I don't know what type of atmosphere they're trying to reproduce. I just turn the background sound off, so I can get some peace and concentrate on the game.
Hi,

maybe I should have made it more clear regarding this question. I am talking about the background-sound at the start of each scenario. This background-ambience-sound is only between 17-50 secs long ( C:\WDS\The Seven Years War\Background ). Imo a loop for that and/or a mix between the background sounds could play out nice.
Rindviech

Post by Rindviech »

GMcClellan wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:35 pm It's always best to send a message to the support account for this kind of thing.
will do
rahamy

Post by rahamy »

Rindviech wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:59 am
GMcClellan wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:35 pm It's always best to send a message to the support account for this kind of thing.
will do
Helpdesk@wargameds.com
Rich Hamilton
WDS Operations Manager
Rindviech

Post by Rindviech »

Looks like the problems were fixed by "running the game as an administrator" 8-)