Direct-play primer/help

Forum for the Modern Campaigns games series
warhero88

Direct-play primer/help

Post by warhero88 »

A friend and I are attempting Direct-play of NG85 using the Hamachi app. We are able to make the host-caller connection no problem every time. He is relatively new to the series so we set up with no FOW, with the idea that he could see what I am doing and vice versa and I can give him some interactive input, real time, as well as peruse our own units while the either is doing his turn. Here's the issue we ran into....as the WP player in the scenario we picked, I moved first. During my Turn 1, he *was able to see everything*, as could I, as well as look at his own units, etc, all independent of what I was doing....that is what we wanted! However, once I advanced the game to his (NATO) Turn 1, *all* units disappeared, including my own, from my screen! I could see the hex he had selected at any given time, and the map scrolled around as he selected other hexes, but no units showed. Likewise, advancing to WP turn 2, *he no longer could see any units*. Is this normal? Why would it work fine during my WP Turn 1 but not NATO turn 1 or WP Turn 2, etc? The ability to at least see and peruse ones own units during the other's turn is *super desirable* for us as it keeps us both productively engaged in the game while the other is doing his turn (especially in these monster scenarios).
Unfortunately we have not been able to find any real good description of the direct-play experience or Youtube videos that show how it works visually, but if those are out there we are interestedand would love a pointer. Also, an invite to a Discord server where this is done would be appreciated (Hex?). Hell, any help or info is appreciated.
We are *not* interested in PBEM. Our model is to sit down remotely, but together, and play, talking over Discord or phone.
Also, we both have our own serial number for the game.
Will crosspost to PzC. Sorry for the refundancy.