Auto-updating a scenario when OOB unit size changes

Forum to share all game modifications
taymaj

Auto-updating a scenario when OOB unit size changes

Post by taymaj »

Hi all - I've been playing around with the massive Normandy 44 campaign and OOB - trying to trim out the battalion-level AT and HW companies and re-adjust the infantry size and fire values. (Essentially trying to mimic the McNamara OOB for Bulge and Anzio.) When I go into the scenario editor, I see how to increase/decrease unit size for on-map units. Is there something similar for all the reinforcement units, or would I have to reset all the reinforcements? (Or try my luck using a 3rd party text editor?) Better, is there a "update unit size to 100% based on OOB" button?
taymaj

Re: Auto-updating a scenario when OOB unit size changes

Post by taymaj »

It seems this is already asked and answered. This "answer key" will help!
viewtopic.php?t=683

EDIT:
A couple things I've found useful that others might as well...

*If you use a text editor (I found VS Code really helpful) and set the unit value to > the OOB value, when you open the scenario in the editor and save, it automatically sets it to the maximum value in the OOB. This works for both on-map and reinforced units.
*I'll parse unit strength using things like find and replace on "_142_0_" where the underscore is a space. That way, I'm not accidentally messing with unique identifiers or the like.

I've run an edited scenario that used this cheat and it ran reinforcements and a handful of turns without crashing. Of course, I'm being cautious with it and will note if I run into problems.