Ukraine War Mod

Forum to share all game modifications
Jules Verne

Ukraine War Mod

Post by Jules Verne »

Hello gents,

Is anyone working on a Ukraine War mod, covering the ongoing conflict? I have begun work myself and figured there is a decent chance somebody else might be doing the same. :D

Jules.
Warhorse

Re: Ukraine War Mod

Post by Warhorse »

No, too busy converting my SBWW2 MOD!
Live now, pay later...
Jules Verne

Post by Jules Verne »

That is great to hear @Warhorse, you have provided the community with lots of great content so far which I also enjoy.

As for my mod, to elaborate, I want to include as many battles as possible, the only disqualifier being ongoing offensives which often lack any meaningfull details I could add. I will also do my best to be respectfull of all persons involved and go for random names for any leaders present, like what has been done in the Vietnam titles.

There is still some work ahead just with the graphical elements before I can do map creation, and only then can I do scenarios.
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

etherealsarge wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:20 am That is great to hear @Warhorse, you have provided the community with lots of great content so far which I also enjoy.

As for my mod, to elaborate, I want to include as many battles as possible, the only disqualifier being ongoing offensives which often lack any meaningfull details I could add. I will also do my best to be respectfull of all persons involved and go for random names for any leaders present, like what has been done in the Vietnam titles.

There is still some work ahead just with the graphical elements before I can do map creation, and only then can I do scenarios.
Of that I am certain! Just took me over three months to convert the 874 vehicles to top down rotateable icons! The Blueprints and Junior General are good resources for top down art, although with the Blueprints, you must scale down the line art, and color, which is how I did the majority of mine! Good luck, keep at it, it will happen!
Live now, pay later...
Hoplite1963

Post by Hoplite1963 »

The free SSI’s Steel Panthers MBT game has some scenarios for the war which might be worth a look at.

Best of luck
zovs

Post by zovs »

Hoplite1963 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:19 pm The free SSI’s Steel Panthers MBT game has some scenarios for the war which might be worth a look at.

Best of luck
Its not SSI, its Shrapnel Games. SSI has been defunct since 1998 or 1999. A group of enthusiasts got the code from SSI back then, they soon parted ways with one group creating Matrix Games and their version based off the platoon level game SP III, and then SP Camo creating SPWW2 and SP MBT based off the original Steel Panthers I and II, which eventual went to the Windows OS and Shrapnel Games, you can get the free version but its limited you should instead get the paid for version which includes tons of bells and whistles.

Lastly, Shrapnel's versions is the only SP that has been in development and constantly been update for 23 years. Fixing bugs going all the way back to 1995. There is still bugs in the Matrix SPWAW but they stopped developing it back in 2003 and its no longer supported. However Shrapnel's version runs on modern computers and monitors.
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
zovs

Post by zovs »

Oh, minor correction. SP MBT was created from the ground up using the SP II code IIRC.
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

I wish Matrix would've kept it up with SPWAW, spent so much of my time back then helping to develop it, I did oob's and unit graphics.
Live now, pay later...
zovs

Post by zovs »

Warhorse wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:47 pm I wish Matrix would've kept it up with SPWAW, spent so much of my time back then helping to develop it, I did oob's and unit graphics.
I hear ya, they let that one slip away.
Hoplite1963

Post by Hoplite1963 »

Yes your right I did know that took it over but forgot to say. A great game in its own right a a very useful source of scenario design ideas for SB make over mods.