Company Level Scenarios

Forum for the Napoleonic Battles games series
Barbarossa

Company Level Scenarios

Post by Barbarossa »

Does anybody happen to know which other Napoleonic games have company-level scenarios like i.e. the Waterloo campaign?
Bill-Peters

Re: Company Level Scenarios

Post by Bill-Peters »

Wagram .... Leipzig ... Bautzen .... the entire Russo-Swedish War is covered in Bautzen on the company level. Its by far the biggest offering of those in one title in the series. Nice map in the game shows you where all of the battles took place.

I didn't include any for Eylau-Friedland or RBR. Austeritz and Jena do not have any that I can remember.

A big thanks to Rich White for championing the cause to include those in titles I worked on. I worked on the ones for Wagram and the RSW. Rich White did the Lutzen company level scenarios for Bautzen. After 22 years of working on the games my mind is a bit worn out so I may have forgotten some of them.

I believe that both Peninsular War titles have them too. I do not remember NRC having any. Eckmuhl did not have any either.

For NRC these would be great:
Battle of the Fleches (Borodino)
Battle for the Great Redoubt
others ...

Campaign 1814 has two battles covered for the company level scale: Laon-Semilly and Paris-Montmartre. And the designer is .... (drum roll) .....

Rich White once again. <THUMBSUP>

Both Marengo and RBR have some good situations where the company level would be an interesting format to use:

Marengo:
Battle of Marengo Village
Desaix' Counterattack
Bridge at Lodi

RBR:
1st and 2nd Zurich ... sections of the battlefield
Battle of Neuburg-Oberhausen .... great back and forth situation
sections of the Fleurus Battlefield

Just a lot of options out there for company level.

So many options .. so little time. ;)
Barbarossa

Post by Barbarossa »

Thanks a lot for the comprehensive answer! I’m definitely going to check out the Swedes in Bautzen over the weekend.

To see Zurich on C-level would of course be great!
Bill-Peters

Post by Bill-Peters »

Which Battle of Zurich? The first or the second one?
thespaie@yahoo.com

Post by thespaie@yahoo.com »

What is the ground scale for the CL scenarios? I see nothing mentioned in any of the manuals in the three titles listed above. I didn't see any CL scenarios in Wagram, just Bautzen, Leipzig and Waterloo.
“Ask Before Activating AI”
zovs

Post by zovs »

Bonaparte’s Peninsular War has some company level scenarios.
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator