Beach Tactics

Forum for the Panzer Battles games series
Koldobika

Beach Tactics

Post by Koldobika »

I'm playing around with the system and trying to determine the best ways to get ashore in the Gold Beach scenario of the British campaign.

I seem to be too slow getting ashore, and not inflicting sufficient casualties. The bunkers slow me down but the few AVREs do help.

There is a lot of polder just off the beach which limits vehicular access. What I try to do is breach some lanes through the beach for follow on forces, but by the time the breach is in place I have less than half the time left and get stuck.

Do you essentially just have to drive your infantry through the polder and risk your tanks in the minefields in order to make decent headway? Waiting for engineers and the flail tanks sounds like it makes more sense...

Secondly, with there being no supply sources for the Axis, do I read the manual correctly that there is no way to isolate a unit positioned on the map edge?

Thanks
RickyB

Re: Beach Tactics

Post by RickyB »

I would say in some cases you have to just move on through the mines. You will stumble into some no matter what, where you don't see them first. Just accept that there will be losses to mines where it is critical to keep moving forward. Just don't do it with everyone.

I would assume map edges can't be isolated, but note in PzB isolation only impacts one level of moral but no low ammo so it isn't as big of an isssue as in PzC.
Koldobika

Re: Beach Tactics

Post by Koldobika »

RickyB wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 2:47 am I would say in some cases you have to just move on through the mines. You will stumble into some no matter what, where you don't see them first. Just accept that there will be losses to mines where it is critical to keep moving forward. Just don't do it with everyone.

I would assume map edges can't be isolated, but note in PzB isolation only impacts one level of moral but no low ammo so it isn't as big of an isssue as in PzC.
Thanks Ricky. I guess a lot of it is just trial and error...

Do you use engineers then primarily to create routes for follow on forces than the first wave?