How to attach divisions

Forum for the Naval Campaigns games series
Phoenix

How to attach divisions

Post by Phoenix »

Just coming back to Naval battles. I've already asked and found this out years ago, but can't find it now, and can't find anything in the manuals, so sorry, but - with Jutland, say (though I guess it's the same with all titles) - can someone remind me how I would, for instance, attach a series of divisions to a single flagship? Say I get two divisions sailing along in a nice column, how do I attach the second division to the lead to make it one long column controllable by clicking only on the lead? The attach button only works to attach or detach within the ship's organic division, I think. I have in my head some idea that I could select the ship/division to be attached and then with some modifier click on the ship division it's to be attached to, but I can't seem to work out how. There is in the manual a ref to click dragging a flagship on to another flagship, but all that happens when I click drag is a I get the new measurement tool. Can anyone help? Many thanks.

UPDATE: Ignore this. I've worked it out, I think. Thanks.
GMcClellan

Re: How to attach divisions

Post by GMcClellan »

For those wondering the same thing.

Click on the division leader ship you want to attach to a larger formation. Drag and drop over the higher level flagship.
Scenario Designer: Naval Campaigns & Musket and Pike