Operation Winter Storm

Tankista zo Ziliny

Operation Winter Storm

Post by Tankista zo Ziliny »

Anyone want to play this scenario from Stalingrad 42? I can play both sides. (In fact if someone is really ambitious, I'm even ready for operation Uranus, but only against experienced player and only as Germans).
FilipSK

Re: Operation Winter Storm

Post by FilipSK »

Nazdar tankista :D

Winter strom je popravde môj obľúbený scenár, ten rád zahrám kedykoľvek. Takisto vezmem hociktorp stranu. Do Uránu by som sa zatiaľ nepúšťal z časového hľadiska..čo sa týka skúseností, tak som na tom veľmi dobre si myslím, hrám to už nejakých 20 rokov :) Konečne po tom čase stretávam niekoho od nás :D
devoncop

Post by devoncop »

Tankista zo Ziliny wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:04 pm Anyone want to play this scenario from Stalingrad 42? I can play both sides. (In fact if someone is really ambitious, I'm even ready for operation Uranus, but only against experienced player and only as Germans).
Did you find an opponent ?

I am currently half a dozen turns into Op Uranus (Alt) scenario as the Soviets and am really enjoying it having bought the game in the current sale. I am pretty experienced though no Manstein :D 😁.

I

I love the larger scenarios so let me know....I am happy to play the Soviets if you wanted to take the Axis and can get you at least a turn a day as i am retired. I prefer pretty fast play so if you are only looking for a turn a week then I won't be the best opponent for you.

All the best

Ian (devoncop@aol.com)
Strela

Post by Strela »

devoncop wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:02 am I love the larger scenarios so let me know....I am happy to play the Soviets if you wanted to take the Axis and can get you at least a turn a day as i am retired. I prefer pretty fast play so if you are only looking for a turn a week then I won't be the best opponent for you.
You're so right there Ian.

Panzer Campaigns really shines in the longer scenarios/campaigns. That said, ideally you would play against a human opponent as the AI will struggle to handle a longer engagement. I have been fortunate to design a couple of PzC titles (Kharkov '43 & Moscow '42) and the meat really is in the longer campaigns. I always designed the campaigns first and any smaller scenarios were sub-sets of this larger work. If, as a developer you can get the larger scenarios right, the smaller, more focused scenarios should just fall out.
devoncop

Post by devoncop »

Agree totally Strela.

I very very rarely play the AI at all now and am currently playing no less than six PBEM's of which five are biggies, namely Stalingrad 42, France 14, East Prussia 14, Kharkov 42 and Sicily 43.

I am fortunate to have some very reliable and quick opponents (usually two Op Uranus turns a day) and the value in these big campaigns is incredible. Lots of little mini dramas on the different fronts that you never get with the smaller campaigns.

The next on the list are Kharkov 43 and Moscow 41.
LordDeadwood

Post by LordDeadwood »

I definitely like the big campaigns better as well. I have found that I get almost too caught up in the organization management, sometimes being reluctant to stack units of different divisions together even when it would be beneficial to me! I also get a weird satisfaction out of watching a unit that has been badly beat up recovering its fatigue and strength and then sending it back into the front. I just started the big France '40 campaign with the expanded map. It's glorious! :D
devoncop

Post by devoncop »

Hi LD

I was all set to play the big France 40 Campaign on the expanded map but found that despite updating to the latest version it would not load. No idea why. All the other huge maps open fine and I have a pretty decent PC with big capability. Very odd.

No big issue as there is never any shortage of big Campaigns :-)
Strela

Post by Strela »

devoncop wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:29 pm Hi LD

I was all set to play the big France 40 Campaign on the expanded map but found that despite updating to the latest version it would not load. No idea why. All the other huge maps open fine and I have a pretty decent PC with big capability. Very odd.

No big issue as there is never any shortage of big Campaigns :-)
The initial load can be slow for the biggest campaigns in my experience. Try it again. If you still have issues contact support and we can have a look etc - we may ask for your log files.
Strela

Post by Strela »

devoncop wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:24 pm Agree totally Strela.

I very very rarely play the AI at all now and am currently playing no less than six PBEM's of which five are biggies, namely Stalingrad 42, France 14, East Prussia 14, Kharkov 42 and Sicily 43.

I am fortunate to have some very reliable and quick opponents (usually two Op Uranus turns a day) and the value in these big campaigns is incredible. Lots of little mini dramas on the different fronts that you never get with the smaller campaigns.

Can I also plug Moscow '42, there are some amazing operational/strategic conundrums for both sides in that title. If nothing else do yourself a favour and download the Designer notes (there are winter and summer ones) to see what is included and the overall scope. The frontline alone in the January 22nd campaign is unlike any other Panzer Campaigns title. I am using this game in particular for a lot of the situations that will be in Panzer Battles Moscow.
devoncop

Post by devoncop »

Strela wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:19 pm
devoncop wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:24 pm Agree totally Strela.

Can I also plug Moscow '42, there are some amazing operational/strategic conundrums for both sides in that title. If nothing else do yourself a favour and download the Designer notes (there are winter and summer ones) to see what is included and the overall scope. The frontline alone in the January 22nd campaign is unlike any other Panzer Campaigns title. I am using this game in particular for a lot of the situations that will be in Panzer Battles Moscow.

Cheers for the offer of looking at the France 40 files...I tried waiting 15 mins for the big map to open but no go. I will try again any maybe come back to support.

I was debating long and hard as to the games to get this Christmas sale and eventually plumped for Moscow 41 and Stalingrad rather than the other two I was considering which were indeed Moscow 42 and either Orel of Rumyantsev. I was just concerned about whether the Germans could compete by winter 42 but I am sure I will pick it up soon !