Campaign Battle End

Forum for the Napoleonic Battles games series
basilhare

Campaign Battle End

Post by basilhare »

Continuing to learn Campaign Bautzen & enjoying the experience. The first battle in the solo campaign has been interesting and challenging for a novice player. I am 39 turns into the 90 turn battle.

Q: How will the battle ultimately end? Do you play until the last turn or will it end at some point automatically, say after a major victory is achieved? Ie., say at turn 49 I achieve a major victory against the AI, does the battle go on with me chasing down routed units and killing them one by one, or do sudden death victory conditions kick in?

Thanks
andy moss

Re: Campaign Battle End

Post by andy moss »

I think you can put in a Termination Bid, and that will take you to the next scenario.
rahamy

Post by rahamy »

There's two possible ways to handle this. Either the scenario can be played to completion (full turns), and once that is done the Campaign engine will move you to the next battle. Or, if you feel you are at a place where the battle is really over and you want to move on, you can use the "Termination" feature which allows you to propose a victory condition to end the situation and move on to the next battle. When playing against the AI the computer will accept your proposal as whatever you set. This can also be used when doing PBEM though, so then your opponent must respond to, and agree, with the proposed level in order for the game to progress.

This functionality is accessible through the "Modes" menu inside the game.

Term.png
Term.png (53.27 KiB) Viewed 462 times
Rich Hamilton
WDS Operations Manager
basilhare

Post by basilhare »

Awesome. Thanks.