Bolt of of the Blue Beta 10 Q

Forum for the Modern Campaigns games series
warhero88

Bolt of of the Blue Beta 10 Q

Post by warhero88 »

Fiddling around with Bolt 10 Beta scenario as NATO. Quite large variances from vanilla regarding movement, bringing my very-capable PC to its knees when the "Reachable Hexes" command is used, but but main Q I have is why are NATO units that are moving "Tactically" (ie., not in Travel mode) getting disrupted in turn 1? I don't see an interdiction or any pop-up...the units just stop and are disrupted. I read the Bolt Beta pdf but didn't see any mention of this aspect of the scenario. Maybe a FAQ about this scenario out there somewhere??
Bertram

Re: Bolt of of the Blue Beta 10 Q

Post by Bertram »

Maybe moving in a night turn? Would have to see if the rules for a chance of nighttime move disruption are on...
Strela

Post by Strela »

Yes, its the night disruption rule. Page 28 of the manual. The value in this scenario is a base of 12%

Night Movement Rule
All units moving at night not by Travel Mode on roads or rail lines, or Rail Mode on rail lines can become Disrupted based on the probability given by the Night Movement Disruption Parameter Data Value. This probability is applied each hex the unit moves not by the stated restrictions. The disruption probability is modified by the Quality of the unit according to the following modifiers:
• The probability for Quality A units is multiplied by 0.25.
• The probability for Quality B units is multiplied by 0.50.
• The probability for Quality D units is multiplied by 1.50.
• The probability for Quality E units is multiplied by 2.00.
• The probability for Quality F units is multiplied by 4.00.
warhero88

Post by warhero88 »

Thanks, that's it. Been over 10 years since I've played and some of these things have definitely faded....