4.03 is out! WOW!

Forum for the Squad Battles games series
scaz

4.03 is out! WOW!

Post by scaz »

The 4.03 "patch" is out and I'm impressed! Looks like more of a complete reworking of the 3D graphics and they came out great. I especially like the transparent bases.

Great job guys!
DerGrenadier89

Re: 4.03 is out! WOW!

Post by DerGrenadier89 »

Same here! Played a couple of turns now and Iam really impressed. I own nearly all PC and all FWW and PB but SB might become my favourite series from WDS.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Just a head's up, no problem.
Had a original serial number which was changed at some point.
Just checked the 4.03 games help file in the drop down menu, the game has reverted back to the original serial number.
Despite the fact that the game installer was the new serial number.
After install at start up the game opened without the need to enter a serial number.
Strela

Post by Strela »

Lowlander wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:25 am Just a head's up, no problem.
Had a original serial number which was changed at some point.
Just checked the 4.03 games help file in the drop down menu, the game has reverted back to the original serial number.
Despite the fact that the game installer was the new serial number.
After install at start up the game opened without the need to enter a serial number.
I am guessing, both serial numbers were held in registry and as this is a new install, it has checked and picked up the first one it found. It has then not requested a serial number at start up as it had determined you already had a valid key.
Big Ivan

Post by Big Ivan »

I have to say that the new Eagles Strike rollout is pretty awesome! I've already played through a large part of the scenario "Busy Bosses" and had a blast!

Nice job to the WDS Squad Battles team, you guys did good! Thank you!!
Bluecher76

Post by Bluecher76 »

Uuh... I just played a bit of the Getting started scenario after updating and I must say that I love the new sound effects!
"Pressé sur ma droite, mon centre commence à céder. Impossible de me mouvoir. Situation excellente. J'attaque."
Strela

Post by Strela »

Bluecher76 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:41 am Uuh... I just played a bit of the Getting started scenario after updating and I must say that I love the new sound effects!
Yay! Someone noticed!

I lost a few weeks of my life creating and replacing those. There are many more individual weapons using real sound grabs, rather the canned computer generated effects that were there previously. It was fun to pull them together and I personally thought they made a difference…
All_American

Post by All_American »

They make a huge difference for me. Eagles Strike plays like it came out in 2024 now (it might as well have), thanks in no small part to the new sounds.
gerry58

Post by gerry58 »

Yes great game
OSchmidt

Post by OSchmidt »

Please clean up the German vehicles! That is not how it works! the Tiger1 cannon is weaker than the 7.5cm L48! And a lot more is wrong! That is not how it works! Otherwise good work!