Some Questions on Modern War

Forum for the Squad Battles games series
RichLink

Some Questions on Modern War

Post by RichLink »

In MW scenario #6 " Defending OBJ Montgomery" there are no Leaders ( I can see) to call in the A10 air strikes?
It says there is a limit of 31 smoke ? Who fires that ?

How do you get the tanks in various scenarios to use their hull mounted smoke grenades ?
rahamy

Re: Some Questions on Modern War

Post by rahamy »

Looks like that scenario has been altered at some point, because you're right - there is no leader in the hex with the radio. That will have to be looked at for the next update.

Generally when smoke is assigned like that you "Select weapon load" for the weapon going to fire it.

The hull mounted smoke has a range of 1 hex - so you select the SK Dis icon, then right-click in the hex you want it deployed to.
Rich Hamilton
WDS Operations Manager
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

RichLink wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:02 pm In MW scenario #6 " Defending OBJ Montgomery" there are no Leaders ( I can see) to call in the A10 air strikes?
If you look at the A10 airstrike in the Support dialog you'll notice the word RANDOM at the end -- that means the strikes are out of the player control and require no calling leader or vehicle. See page 64 of the manual for more info.
It says there is a limit of 31 smoke ? Who fires that ?
Each side has a different smoke limit that decreases each time a smoke load is fired. In this scenario you have a couple of M1064 carriers equipped with 120mm mortars, if you change the load of the mortars to 120mm SK (Smoke), you'll be able to fire them a grand total of 31 times in the scenario.

Note that single-use weapons like the vehicle-mounted SK grenades do not count against the smoke limit. Rich already covered how to fire those.
WDS Support
RichLink

Post by RichLink »

Thanks very much Rich & Carlos, I clearly need more quality time with the Manual.