Indragnir's mods (and more)

Forum to share all game modifications
Indragnir

Indragnir's mods (and more)

Post by Indragnir »

Hi all,

Use this link for any update to my mods not yet with the WDS installer. The exception here is the updated files for Normandy Grand Campaign scenario which is not with ANY installer.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/urglazansod9 ... xIg-a?dl=0

I'm opening this thread for those of you who visit the newly created WDS forums.

First post will be about Stalingrad Variant.

WDS has green lighted the release of my Stalingrad Variant. The team is so busy that cannot do the art needed. So I'm going to collect the art from WDS published artwork and make sure it fits.

Stalingrad Variant and all updated mods will be included in the next roll of patches (4.01) so you will have the content up to date inside the installer.

Here I'm attaching the huge Notes file reaching up to 81 pages! Hope you enjoy!
Attachments
#1119_01a_Uranus VARIANT 1 19 Nov-20 Dec HTH v1.00.pdf.7z
(1.92 MiB) Downloaded 210 times
Last edited by Indragnir on Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
erick_repie

Re: Indragnir's mods (and more)

Post by erick_repie »

much appreciated !
Geyerfalck

Post by Geyerfalck »

Indragnir wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:15 am Hi all,

I'm opening this thread for those of you who visit the newly created WDS forums.

First post will be about Stalingrad Variant.

WDS has green lighted the release of my Stalingrad Variant. The team is so busy that cannot do the art needed. So I'm going to collect the art from WDS published artwork and make sure it fits.

Stalingrad Variant and all updated mods will be included in the next roll of patches (4.01) so you will have the content up to date inside the installer.

Here I'm attaching the huge Notes file reaching up to 81 pages! Hope you enjoy!

Wow, thx so much for this massive variant, Indragnir. Sure we enjoy this !
I can see this is for HTH only and I guess the long campaign timeframe is not so adapted to scripted AI. Or maybe is it a deliberate choice to go HTH only , in order to keep things manageable ?
“In war, the moral is to the material as three to one.”
N. Bonaparte
Indragnir

Post by Indragnir »

Geyerfalck wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:24 pm Wow, thx so much for this massive variant, Indragnir. Sure we enjoy this !
I can see this is for HTH only and I guess the long campaign timeframe is not so adapted to scripted AI. Or maybe is it a deliberate choice to go HTH only , in order to keep things manageable ?
Thank you sir. It's a deliberate choice to go HTH only. AI could be added for sure but wll take weeks of scripting so no AI for this mod.

With the incoming 4.01 patches I'm updating all my mods.

This update will include all the fixing (Sicily'43 and Korea'85) and new research done (Stalingrad'42, Budapest'45, Kharkov'43 and Kharkov'42). Also intended way of play (HTH or AI), version on scenario file (including Header) and notes. In a few games missing optional rules are included in the scenario description.

Stalingrad is missing only 1 piece of art so its release is imminent. (It needed 206 art pieces...)

Here are the changes to Kharkov'42:

-Reworked LuftFlotte 4 arrival and strength.
-Small adjustment to Soviet tank strength
-Adjusted Soviet divisional strength as per sources
-Adjusted Soviet divisional quality based upon performance.
-Added some missing Soviet formations:
377th Armored Train (SWF Reserves)
Krasnoyarsk Volunteer brigade, AKA 78th Naval Rifle Brigade, AKA 78th Rifle Brigade . By late spring of 1942 it was being referred to as a regular rifle brigade, probably indicating it had lost most of its naval cadre in the winter fighting. (9th Army)
Geyerfalck

Post by Geyerfalck »

Indragnir wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:45 am [Here are the changes to Kharkov'42:

-Reworked LuftFlotte 4 arrival and strength.
Great !
Speaking about Luftwaffe... I'm wondering whether the sizing of Aufklärung units has an impact on detection efficiency ? Like, one Aufklärungsschwarm (4 x a/c) is more capable to detect enemy formations than a Rotte (2 x a/c) ? Assuming no, but this is pure speculation...
Just asking because in my WIP mod for France '40, I split Aufkl. formations down to a Rotte, then a couple a/c max for a given air recon mission. IMHO, this is more realistic + you get more bang for the buck, since you get more recon missions available for the same overall number of planes.

Otherwise, another topic of interest I'm currently investigating is regarding amphibious tanks for both Germany and SU.
If Tauchpanzer were not experimented on a large scale, at least PzRegt 18 was equipped with such amphibious capabilities at the beginning of Barbarossa (crossing of the Bug). However, I don't know the fate of such special purpose tanks afterwards.

On SU side, the T-38 did not play a significant role during WWII, but it is reported to have participated to Dnieper crossing in 1943. Then maybe it could have played a role - although a minor one - during this operation ? Do you have any intel to share about this ?
Please see : https://music.amazon.co.uk/podcasts/32c ... r-crossing
“In war, the moral is to the material as three to one.”
N. Bonaparte
Indragnir

Post by Indragnir »

Geyerfalck wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:05 pm Great !
Speaking about Luftwaffe... I'm wondering whether the sizing of Aufklärung units has an impact on detection efficiency ? Like, one Aufklärungsschwarm (4 x a/c) is more capable to detect enemy formations than a Rotte (2 x a/c) ? Assuming no, but this is pure speculation...
Just asking because in my WIP mod for France '40, I split Aufkl. formations down to a Rotte, then a couple a/c max for a given air recon mission. IMHO, this is more realistic + you get more bang for the buck, since you get more recon missions available for the same overall number of planes.

Otherwise, another topic of interest I'm currently investigating is regarding amphibious tanks for both Germany and SU.
If Tauchpanzer were not experimented on a large scale, at least PzRegt 18 was equipped with such amphibious capabilities at the beginning of Barbarossa (crossing of the Bug). However, I don't know the fate of such special purpose tanks afterwards.

On SU side, the T-38 did not play a significant role during WWII, but it is reported to have participated to Dnieper crossing in 1943. Then maybe it could have played a role - although a minor one - during this operation ? Do you have any intel to share about this ?
Please see : https://music.amazon.co.uk/podcasts/32c ... r-crossing
I'm not sure about the size of Aufk. aircrats impacting detection efficiency to be honest. Also I don't know very much about T-38/T-40 operational use post 1941 (neither Tauchpanzer).
Indragnir

Post by Indragnir »

Stalingrad'42 Variant is ready to download! Hope you enjoy.

Please report to me anything that seems an error/bug.

link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/urglazansod9 ... xIg-a?dl=0
Steiner

Post by Steiner »

I just downloaded you Stalingrad Variant. Thanks for the early access and all your work providing the extra historical depth your variants provide. I am currently playing your Kharkov '42 variant (against myself) and find it very historically immersive. Until WDS can upgrade the AI I play hotseat mode same as years ago with SPI WW2 sims.
Indragnir

Post by Indragnir »

Steiner wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:27 pm I just downloaded you Stalingrad Variant. Thanks for the early access and all your work providing the extra historical depth your variants provide. I am currently playing your Kharkov '42 variant (against myself) and find it very historically immersive. Until WDS can upgrade the AI I play hotseat mode same as years ago with SPI WW2 sims.
Thank you sir.

Updated the mod with a missing pic (Guards 76mm guns+120mm mortars, re-download Russian-Guards folfer and overwrite) and a new pdf called Stalingrad LVP Rumanian, because it seems Rumanian LVP have some glitch in the objectives dialog and you cannot see the expiring turn (seems positioned too much to the right)
Indragnir

Post by Indragnir »

Stalingrad mod has been updated to 1.01, here it is the changeslog:

-Congestions near Bol'shoy moved to the west. Now won't be used to defend the village.
-Added two supply sources closer to the action for Soviets: one for 5th Tank Army (Izbushenskiy main road) and another one for 21st Army (Kletskaya.)
-Added two very low supply sources in the rear of Axis, west of Don to allow soviet mechanized units to push forward without being isolated if the german close on the flanks of the penetration.
-Red Oktober Factory is now a PILLBOX.
-Moved closer to Kletskaya 3rd Guards Cavalry Corps and 4th Tank Corps.
-4th Tank Corps starts the game unfixed.
-Night Disruption set to 20 from 60.

Fixed:
-22 Panzer Division B quality now (from A)
-Cavalry (infantry) Speed is 8 for Soviet and 7 for Romanian now. (from 6)
-20th Romanian Division (some) artillery lacking indirect Fire tag.
-Movement penalty for Tracked units under Snow condition lowered.

No need to download any file, it's updated on the 4.01 build.