ZOC Question

Forum for the Panzer Campaigns games series
Lethal2615

ZOC Question

Post by Lethal2615 »

Had some unusual ZOC occurrences while playing Rumyantsev 43, 43_0705_02 Zitadelle,GER Player.

Examples - hex 96,98; 96,102

The Donets river separates the German and Soviet units, the German unit starts in the Soviet unit ZOC and is able to move across an engr bridge into a vacant Swamp hex, that is also in the Sov unit ZOC. German unit in Travel Mode/Foot.

The ZOC to ZOC rule works as normal in other instances - i.e., the default ZOC rule.

Perhaps the scenario designer included this facility for game balance (?). I cannot find anything in the documentation.

If someone could clarify that would be appreciated.

thx
Plain Ian

Re: ZOC Question

Post by Plain Ian »

I don't have Rumyantsev but this sounds like Forced Bridge Movement. Its on Page 43 of the Manual but its always best to do a search of the word string to pick up all mentions of the rule.

2024-03-20_10h45_16.png
2024-03-20_10h45_16.png (155.7 KiB) Viewed 406 times
Ian in Dundee
Lethal2615

Post by Lethal2615 »

Hi Ian,
Thx for the response, similar, but not a forced bridge situation as I understand it.
Perhaps, my example is "a special case"! - although a bit of a vague reference.
L
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Lethal2615 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:45 pm Hi Ian,
Thx for the response, similar, but not a forced bridge situation as I understand it.
Perhaps, my example is "a special case"! - although a bit of a vague reference.
L
It does look like a forced bridge case? It meets all the requirements stated in the manual.
WDS Support
Strela

Post by Strela »

I agree, it’s forced bridge movement.
tayete

Post by tayete »

[/quote]
It does look like a forced bridge case? It meets all the requirements stated in the manual.
[/quote]

I cannot find anywhere in the manual what the requirements to execute forced bridge movement are (except those brief "certain units,
under certain conditions and being in Travel Mode (not Rail
Mode), must not be Disrupted or Broken,
and must not have moved that turn), may you kindly shed some light onto us? Anyone knows what kind of units, and what those conditions are?
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

tayete wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:38 am I cannot find anywhere in the manual what the requirements to execute forced bridge movement are (except those brief "certain units,
under certain conditions and being in Travel Mode (not Rail
Mode), must not be Disrupted or Broken,
and must not have moved that turn), may you kindly shed some light onto us? Anyone knows what kind of units, and what those conditions are?
Those three are the main requirements, although I believe units *are* allowed to cross also in Rail Mode.

Of course the unit must be in a hex with a bridge, the bridge must not be damaged and the unit must be able to cross that bridge type normally (light, medium, heavy). The units that fulfill all these conditions are the "certain units" alluded to.
WDS Support
parmenio

Post by parmenio »

tayete wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:38 am ...under certain conditions and being in Travel Mode (not Rail Mode), must not be Disrupted or Broken,
Carlos wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:22 am Those three are the main requirements, although I believe units *are* allowed to cross also in Rail Mode.
Units in Rail Mode will fail the check.
Andy Edmiston
WDS Lead Programmer
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

parmenio wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:11 am Units in Rail Mode will fail the check.
Noted ;)
WDS Support
tayete

Post by tayete »

Thank you guys! I will test it again