Eagles Strike - Campaigns

Forum for the Squad Battles games series
Russkly

Eagles Strike - Campaigns

Post by Russkly »

Apart from that ship with the game are there other campaigns planed or already available for ES, either by WDS or by modders/3rd parties?I

I ask because I find these more enjoyable than standalone scenarios.

I have searched this forum but didn't come up with anything.
Warhorse

Re: Eagles Strike - Campaigns

Post by Warhorse »

i haven't seen any, I plan on doing some with my West Front Mod eventually.
Live now, pay later...
Russkly

Post by Russkly »

Thanks, Warhorse.

I look forward to those greatly.

Enjoying your mod btw ;)
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

Russkly wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:53 am Thanks, Warhorse.

I look forward to those greatly.

Enjoying your mod btw ;)
Good to hear! What would you like to see in a campaign? What theatre etc.?
Live now, pay later...
Russkly

Post by Russkly »

I like the campaigns you get in Combat MIssion, where forces and losses are carried over into the subseqent engagements, and those engagements are often only days or even hours after the previous ones.

This forces me to concetrate on force preservation, whereas I don't think losses are carried over in the ES campaigns.

As for theatres, personally I like North Africa, Italy and the whole Meditterranean theatre, as it is often under-represented in wargaming compared to the Eastern or North-Western Fronts.

Pacific/Asia would also be interesting, perhaps more focused on the British & Commonwealth forces in India, Burma, Singapore, Papua New Guinea, etc. rather than on the classic US-centred theatres further east.
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

Russkly wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:18 am I like the campaigns you get in Combat MIssion, where forces and losses are carried over into the subseqent engagements, and those engagements are often only days or even hours after the previous ones.

This forces me to concetrate on force preservation, whereas I don't think losses are carried over in the ES campaigns.

As for theatres, personally I like North Africa, Italy and the whole Meditterranean theatre, as it is often under-represented in wargaming compared to the Eastern or North-Western Fronts.

Pacific/Asia would also be interesting, perhaps more focused on the British & Commonwealth forces in India, Burma, Singapore, Papua New Guinea, etc. rather than on the classic US-centred theatres further east.
Yeah, I am definitely into the more obscure myself as well.
Live now, pay later...