Panzer Battles Demo

Forum for the Panzer Battles games series
Samurai9155

Panzer Battles Demo

Post by Samurai9155 »

I have just installed the Panzer Battles demo and I can't use the 2x guns on the (8,9) hex.

When I select them (yellow border highlighted) and press "CTRL" key, move my cursor to the hex with the "plane" as indicated on the guide, the target dialog doesn't appear.

I can't also move the 2x guns, but I'm able to move the 2 other infantry units who are on the same hex.

Is it a bug or if there is something I don't do correctly?
parmenio

Re: Panzer Battles Demo

Post by parmenio »

Good Afternoon (or maybe Good Morning depending where you are).

Might need a little more context... That is, which scenario? I'm guessing the Getting Started one?
I presume you mean you can't use the 2x guns in the (8,9) hex.

There will likely be a message down in the bottom left of the screen telling you why you can't target the hex (10,6?)

Screenshot 2024-03-30 154341.png
Screenshot 2024-03-30 154341.png (77.82 KiB) Viewed 344 times

To move the artillery units, you first have to select them and put them in "Travel Mode" - Command Menu or Ctrl+T Hotkey or this toolbar button:

Screenshot 2024-03-30 154502.png
Screenshot 2024-03-30 154502.png (35.83 KiB) Viewed 344 times

They are "towed" artillery so putting them in Travel Mode indicates they are "hitched up" to their transport.
Andy Edmiston
WDS Lead Programmer
Samurai9155

Post by Samurai9155 »

Hi Andy,

Thank you for your answer!

Actually, your colleague Carlos helped me solved the problem. I sent an email to your support email address and he sent me a file (PBKursk_Southern.pdt) that I needed to copy to the \Data folder (overwriting the original file).

Thank you both of you for quick reply on a Saturday, this is an amazing customer service!
parmenio

Post by parmenio »

Samurai9155 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:59 am Hi Andy,

Thank you for your answer!

Actually, your colleague Carlos helped me solved the problem. I sent an email to your support email address and he sent me a file (PBKursk_Southern.pdt) that I needed to copy to the \Data folder (overwriting the original file).

Thank you both of you for quick reply on a Saturday, this is an amazing customer service!
Glad we could be of assistance :)
Andy Edmiston
WDS Lead Programmer
strategicus

Post by strategicus »

I need the same file, because I have the same problem... THANKS!