Curious????

Forum for subjects that are not covered in the dedicated forums
ASPARTANSPEAKS

Curious????

Post by ASPARTANSPEAKS »

I have been playing wargames for over 40 years, so probably spent countless thousands of hours on board/computer wargames. But, I have never played any of the John Tiller titles. For some reason I've been unable to download any of the demo scenarios so I thought I'd ask; how do the John Tiller games compare to say the scenarios that come with the Operational Art of War? Thanks
PopeAdrian

Re: Curious????

Post by PopeAdrian »

The tiller games are way more user friendly in my opinion. I still have not really grasped TOAW4 but was able to get the hang of the tiller games pretty easily. The games are also smoother than TOAW4 which seemed kind of janky to me. I’m also super biased because the Tiller games are the first Wargames I’ve played and have only been playing for less than a year. But in that year, I have purchased 40 titles and have 5 PBEMs going. These games are awesome and I hope you are able to download a demo to see for yourself.
GMcClellan

Post by GMcClellan »

I would suggest you grab the free demos and take a look :)
Scenario Designer: Naval Campaigns & Musket and Pike
ASPARTANSPEAKS

Post by ASPARTANSPEAKS »

GMcClellan wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:36 pm I would suggest you grab the free demos and take a look :)
Thanks, I tried to download some demos but without success.
ASPARTANSPEAKS

Post by ASPARTANSPEAKS »

PopeAdrian wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:28 pm The tiller games are way more user friendly in my opinion. I still have not really grasped TOAW4 but was able to get the hang of the tiller games pretty easily. The games are also smoother than TOAW4 which seemed kind of janky to me. I’m also super biased because the Tiller games are the first Wargames I’ve played and have only been playing for less than a year. But in that year, I have purchased 40 titles and have 5 PBEMs going. These games are awesome and I hope you are able to download a demo to see for yourself.
I found it exceptionally easy to get into TOAW4, but then I owned and played the previous versions TOAW3 and TOAW:COW.
rahamy

Post by rahamy »

ASPARTANSPEAKS wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:55 pm
GMcClellan wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:36 pm I would suggest you grab the free demos and take a look :)
You have to add them to your Cart and then check out through the Store. There is no charge. Then the system will issue you serial numbers and download links for the ones you have selected.

https://wargameds.com/collections/game-demos-wds

If you have further problems please contact Helpdesk@wargameds.com and we'll see what's going on.
Rich Hamilton
WDS Operations Manager
ASPARTANSPEAKS

Post by ASPARTANSPEAKS »

rahamy wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:40 pm
ASPARTANSPEAKS wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:55 pm
You have to add them to your Cart and then check out through the Store. There is no charge. Then the system will issue you serial numbers and download links for the ones you have selected.

https://wargameds.com/collections/game-demos-wds

If you have further problems please contact Helpdesk@wargameds.com and we'll see what's going on.
Thanks, I'll try to download the demos, again.