Interesting

Forum for the Strategic War games series
ASPARTANSPEAKS

Interesting

Post by ASPARTANSPEAKS »

I have yet to purchase any John Tiller games but I'm especially interested in the games in the Strategic War series as my preference has always been to play games with units at the division level. I do hope that they add to this series and would love to see a games covering the pacific theater. Also, for this series it would be great if they put out games covering entire conflicts, so games covering Sino-Japanese war, Russian Civil War, Spanish Civil War, and maybe even the Russo-Finnish War.
PopeAdrian

Re: Interesting

Post by PopeAdrian »

ASPARTANSPEAKS wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:04 pm I have yet to purchase any John Tiller games but I'm especially interested in the games in the Strategic War series as my preference has always been to play games with units at the division level. I do hope that they add to this series and would love to see a games covering the pacific theater. Also, for this series it would be great if they put out games covering entire conflicts, so games covering Sino-Japanese war, Russian Civil War, Spanish Civil War, and maybe even the Russo-Finnish War.
I read somewhere in these forums that updates are coming to this series. Hopefully we get the new interface along with the updates. I would love to see a Korean War game on this scale, would be awesome!
ASPARTANSPEAKS

Post by ASPARTANSPEAKS »

PopeAdrian wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:35 pm
ASPARTANSPEAKS wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:04 pm I have yet to purchase any John Tiller games but I'm especially interested in the games in the Strategic War series as my preference has always been to play games with units at the division level. I do hope that they add to this series and would love to see a games covering the pacific theater. Also, for this series it would be great if they put out games covering entire conflicts, so games covering Sino-Japanese war, Russian Civil War, Spanish Civil War, and maybe even the Russo-Finnish War.
I read somewhere in these forums that updates are coming to this series. Hopefully we get the new interface along with the updates. I would love to see a Korean War game on this scale, would be awesome!
I agree, a stand alone game covering the entire Korean War would be great. I'd also like to see a game covering the Chinese Civil War 1946-48 at this scale. Zeus knows I'd pony up a few shekels for that.
Dion

Post by Dion »

A lot of options for WDS, concerning this series. The future really holds bright for the series, not to mention us, the players!
ASPARTANSPEAKS

Post by ASPARTANSPEAKS »

This series has the fewest number of games so should have the most potential upside for development.
Dion

Post by Dion »

I too would love to see a game covering the Korean War complete with ground, air, and naval units on a single map. I would also love to see a game covering the Vietnam War also complete with ground, air and naval units on a single map. A different series already covers both, WWI and WWII at the operational level, so those aren't needed as much, but I think a game covering modern operations of the Iraq invasion of Kuwait with the US/Allied counterattack at this scale on a single map would be highly interesting. Another cool idea would be a game covering the American Civil War at the strategic level covering the entire country on one gigantic map, complete with british, mercenary, naval and any other important units that we can think of. At this scale the possibilities are limitless.
Last edited by Dion on Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
ASPARTANSPEAKS

Post by ASPARTANSPEAKS »

Another game I'd like to see covered in this series and what doesn't seem to fit into any other time period would be the Franco-Prussian war.
ASPARTANSPEAKS

Post by ASPARTANSPEAKS »

Another game I'd like to see covered in this series is Franco-Prussian War. That conflict doesn't seem to fit in any of the time periods covered by other series.