Operation Compass

Forum to share your glorious wins and losses
Michael T

Re: Operation Compass

Post by Michael T »

Situation after allied moves. There was a general crushing of many Italian units. Losses on both sides were heavy. I am hoping that some of his units may have been a little blunted after this big push. I have few survivors. I really need the units within the Red rectangle to release.
end t3.png
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

Here is the victory dialog. You can see the losses for both sides are fairly even. This is good for me. I am getting twice as many VP for casualties as the allies. The objective points continue to accumulate. Scoreboard is looking ok at this point. Even if the map looks bad.
t3 vp.png
t3 vp.png (32.76 KiB) Viewed 682 times
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

Turn 4 (16th Dec 1940). This is the beginning of Allied T4. During my previous turn I tried to build some kind of line running north/west from Halfaya Pass, hoping he would not be able to flank it. Leaving anything south/east of it to their fate.
begin t4.png
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

During the allied turn they attacked Sidi Barrani, the Italian's held on for one more turn, just, though many surrendered.
sidi t4.png
sidi t4.png (119 KiB) Viewed 678 times
The other major attack was on the MLR west of Fort Capuzzo. We were pushed back but inflicted some pain on the British armor.

tank t4.png
tank t4.png (224.25 KiB) Viewed 678 times
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

Situation end of allied turn, note my desperately need units east of Tobruk are still fixed!... arhhh. They had a 75% chance of release.
end t4.png
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

Here is a look at the big picture.
overall t4.png
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

Turn 5 (18th Dec 1940). This is the beginning of Allied T5. I had trouble capturing the opening situation. But the main point is that in the Axis turn I managed a small counter attack on the Free French unit (Green Unit) pushing it back which allowed me to isolate the leading British armored units, thus blunting their offensive potential in the coming allied move.
begin 5.png
begin 5.png (156.33 KiB) Viewed 678 times
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

The allies take Sidi Barrani, at great loss to us.
sidi.png
They also push into the MLR, the isolation of his armor seemingly not a significant problem for him.
Attachments
tank.png
tank.png (512.01 KiB) Viewed 677 times
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

Here is the situation at the end of the allied T5, finally at least the Italian units east of Tobruk have been released. During my turn I flew some bombing missions with the Regia Aeronautica with dissapointing results. 5 a/c lost for 1 hit on a British recon unit.
end 5.png
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

Here is the Victory Dialog, losses starting to look bad. Roughly 2:1 against us.
victory.png
victory.png (32.78 KiB) Viewed 671 times