A New Gane Series?

Forum for subjects that are not covered in the dedicated forums
ASPARTANSPEAKS

A New Gane Series?

Post by ASPARTANSPEAKS »

I've always been interested in the Franco-Prussian War, but it seems to not fit into the time period of any of the series on offer. So, I was thinking that it might be time for a new game series covering conflicts post ACW and pre-WW1. So games in this series could include Franco-Prussian War, The Boer Wars, Balkan Wars 1912-13, Italo-Turkish War, and the land aspect of Russo-Japanese War.
ASPARTANSPEAKS

Re: A New Game Series?

Post by ASPARTANSPEAKS »

This series could also comprise the Crimean War, thought it is slightly outside the time period.
Dion

Re: A New Gane Series?

Post by Dion »

A new title is in development concerning the Boer War, but I don't know if it's the first title of a new series or what. It looks to be at the scale of Squad Battles. I can't give any particulars about it, as all I know about is from screenshots from an article posted on another website. There's a link to the article post in one of the blogs, which I tried to find it for you, but I couldn't find it, as it was like looking for a needle in haystack. Maybe someone else can locate it for you.
PopeAdrian

Post by PopeAdrian »

Korean War PLLLEEEEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GIVE US KOREAN WAR like panzer campaigns or strategic war PLEASE
Strela

Post by Strela »

Dion wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:26 pm A new title is in development concerning the Boer War, but I don't know if it's the first title of a new series or what. It looks to be at the scale of Squad Battles. I can't give any particulars about it, as all I know about is from screenshots from an article posted on another website. There's a link to the article post in one of the blogs, which I tried to find it for you, but I couldn't find it, as it was like looking for a needle in haystack. Maybe someone else can locate it for you.

I think you mean this interview at Tally Ho Corner? https://tallyhocorner.com/2023/10/zulus ... terviewed/
Dion

Post by Dion »

Ya, that's the one, there it is!
Squadman45

Post by Squadman45 »

In the article you can see a Zulu War battle. I dont remember read nothing new about new titles apart the anounce of Spring Awakening45.

Maybe we can have a spring article talking about new things to come... are 1-2 PzC titles close but new series... lets see.

I really expect good news if not in may when next summer special come... i need it soon to complete (again) PcC serie and keep ACW and SB moving forward... and more new titles to mantein the option to made more bulks in 2025 hehehe.
Dion

Post by Dion »

The article says there are four new series in development! Pretty interesting article, you should read it. It has some screenshots too.
ASPARTANSPEAKS

Post by ASPARTANSPEAKS »

One reason why I'm interested in this period is because it saw the introduction of the machine gun to the battlefield. And, of course that led to new tactics being developed by necessity.
Squadman45

Post by Squadman45 »

You are right, the new series. I waiting a new one covering post WWI and pre WWII, here are interesting options.

Maybe a medieval serie... and one to cover XIX century colonial wars... even the 1848-1870 period :mrgreen:

I remember the Sudan battles in Age of Rifles... maybe the best PC wargame... only under Steel Panthers :roll: