AI question.

Forum for the Strategic War games series
stormbringer3

AI question.

Post by stormbringer3 »

The scale of this game is my favorite. I only play vs. the AI and since these are older titles will I have any challenge once I learn the game? Also, there have been a lot of improvements in the other game series, how did this series fare? Some have new toolbars etc.
Thanks for any opinions.
RickyB

Re: AI question.

Post by RickyB »

Regarding the AI, this game, in part due to the mechanics probably represents the best AI of the Tiller games I have played. Not human like by any means, but overall a challenge, especially on defense. It has been awhile since I have done much in the game, but I think it is weak on the attack but even there has some surprises.

I defer to others for your other questions.
zovs

Post by zovs »

WDS has mentioned that there will be some updates for the SW series, not sure when though.
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

The scenarios I've played have had decent AI. The AI was on defense in all those I've played.
parmenio

Post by parmenio »

stormbringer3 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:57 am Also, there have been a lot of improvements in the other game series, how did this series fare? Some have new toolbars etc.
There were some graphics enhancements and some bug fixes for the WDS 4.0 versions.
Andy Edmiston
WDS Lead Programmer
stormbringer3

Post by stormbringer3 »

Thanks for the information. I bought the game.