Boats

Forum for the Panzer Campaigns games series
Ashcloud

Boats

Post by Ashcloud »

I figured out how to use boats once upon a time but in a recent game I could not get it to work over multiple turns with the manual open beside me. I tried (what to me seemed every conceivable combination) of on foot, in transport mode, out of transport mode, in the water, out the water. Just did not work, also managed to get another unit in transport mode permanently stuck in the river too.

Is there anyone out there willing to make a video tutorial on how to use boats? Please.
Strela

Re: Boats

Post by Strela »

I have got it to work without any issues (testing in Moscow '42 scenario #1206_03 Klin-Solnechnogorsk Front Offensive : The Right Wing).

There is a Soviet engineer with boats in hex (38,17). There is an infantry battalion on the other side of the full-hex river in hex (38,19). To use the boats, you must change the infantry battalion into travel mode. You can then enter either hex (38,18) or (39,18) as they are adjacent to the engineer with boats. The following turn you can continue to move as you are starting the turn in a water hex, adjacent to the engineer.

The important rules here to remember.
  • The ferried unit must be in travel mode.
  • The ferried can only be foot, ski, bicycle or horse type.
  • The water hex you are moving into/out of must be adjacent to an engineer with boats.
  • You cannot move into a second water hex, you either stay in the water hex or move to an adjacent land hex.
Hope that helps.
Ashcloud

Re: Boats

Post by Ashcloud »

Strela wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:41 pm I have got it to work without any issues (testing in Moscow '42 scenario #1206_03 Klin-Solnechnogorsk Front Offensive : The Right Wing).

There is a Soviet engineer with boats in hex (38,17). There is an infantry battalion on the other side of the full-hex river in hex (38,19). To use the boats, you must change the infantry battalion into travel mode. You can then enter either hex (38,18) or (39,18) as they are adjacent to the engineer with boats. The following turn you can continue to move as you are starting the turn in a water hex, adjacent to the engineer.

The important rules here to remember.
  • The ferried unit must be in travel mode.
  • The ferried can only be foot, ski, bicycle or horse type.
  • The water hex you are moving into/out of must be adjacent to an engineer with boats.
  • You cannot move into a second water hex, you either stay in the water hex or move to an adjacent land hex.
Hope that helps.
Ok, tested your example and it worked great. Now to transfer that knowledge to my in-process game. Will follow up. Thanks for the help.