Question

Forum for the Panzer Campaigns games series
CanuckGamer

Question

Post by CanuckGamer »

Haven't played in a while and checking out Bulge 44. Unlike the Napoleonic series games I see that holding down the shift key does not allow you to move multiple hexes. Is there a key for that in the Panzer Campaign series?
Bill-Peters

Re: Question

Post by Bill-Peters »

Do you mean multiple units in an org or one unit moving through multiple hexes?

See page 23 of the User Manual in the last paragraph for multiple hex movement for units. See page 53 of the manual for an explanation of the Min. Path Algorithm. It discusses the Reachable Hexes (View Menu and Toolbar) function.
parmenio

Post by parmenio »

CanuckGamer wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:31 pm Unlike the Napoleonic series games I see that holding down the shift key does not allow you to move multiple hexes. Is there a key for that in the Panzer Campaign series?
Actually in the Napoleonic series, holding down the shift key + left click (+ hold) invokes the "Range Tool" (Page 106):
The Range Tool
During game play you can use the Range Tool to grab a quick measurement of distances. For example, this can help when determining a location to place an artillery battery. To use the tool select a hex you wish to measure from (it does not have to be an occupied hex) then press and hold the Shift key and left-click and hold on the desired target hex. The range between the two points will be displayed like the image to the left. Once you release the mouse button the information will no longer be displayed.

If you keep the left mouse button depressed you can release the Shift key and move your mouse around the map and the information will be updated as you move across the hexes.
Whereas in Pzc you can definitely shift + left click to move multiple hexes. As Bill says above from Page 23 of the manual:
Once selected, units may be moved by right clicking on the adjacent hex. Alternatively, once units are selected, the player may move them by holding down the left mouse button in the starting hex, moving it to the destination hex, and releasing the mouse button (this is the so-called "drag and drop" method).
Andy Edmiston
WDS Lead Programmer
ComradeP

Post by ComradeP »

Note that the "drag and drop" method also traces a path. I'd strongly advise only doing so with Reachable Hexes active to avoid moving units where you don't want them to go.

To limit the number of clicks and overall strain, I've been using hotkeys for selection and "click and hold" for years.
Hellway

Post by Hellway »

Press Alt without selecting the unit and all the formation will follow. Use this with the different level of HQ. A red arrow appear to see the way and you can "play" with all the orders you done with the manager menu.