Operation Compass - Tommy's view

Forum to share your glorious wins and losses
zovs

Post by zovs »

Note: Michael and I started a campaign of sorts to cover the North African campaign from 1940-1943, playing it in a series of one-off scenarios. One of the things that WOTSF lacks is grand campaign games covering more than a single battle. Unfortunately I did not start taking screen shots until turn 6, so the first 5 turns I don't have any reference points. That said I did make some newbie mistakes, and this is the first time I have played a human opponent in the SW series. I think I have already squandered my surprise attack, but onwards we go.

Turn 6 - 1940/12/18

Originally I lost track of which turn number this is (but thanks to Michael, I know), that is one thing the Strategic War series is lacking (i.e. turn 4 of 33, or turn 7 of 33, etc.).

Air War - Here is the opening air war phase, so far I have lost 1 air unit twice (I believe that is what this screen is telling me).

Overview - This is the start of turn 6:
Image1

End of turn 6 - Final positions:
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
zovs

Re: Operation Compass - Tommy's view

Post by zovs »

Allies turn 8 - 1940/12/22

Mud again!

Air war - I lost 1 this turn.

Overview - Turn 8 starting positions:

As you can see half of the Western Desert Forces has been isolated by the mighty Italians!

End of turn 8 positions:

As you can see I did capture Bardia, but I think my entire force is about to be surrounded and wiped out.
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator