Blog Post - Napoleonic Battles 4.08

Forum for official news from Wargame Design Studio
rahamy

Blog Post - Napoleonic Battles 4.08

Post by rahamy »

New post is up today with the lead elements in the 4.08 round of updates for our Napoleonic Battles series. Big post, lots to read!

https://wargameds.com/blogs/news/napole ... 08-updates
Rich Hamilton
WDS Operations Manager
Jace11

Re: Blog Post - Napoleonic Battles 4.08

Post by Jace11 »

Nice update, a bit of feedback…

May have found a problem with Waterloo’s company level scenarios. The new cannon (Fr6lb and Fr6lbHA) haven’t been added to the .pdt files for company level scenarios but the new weapons are in the oobs, so they can’t fire at all. I remedied it by adding a couple of stat lines into the pdts.
3 hex fire range for muskets feels totally fine to me.

The new unit tiles, the new unit card backgrounds and the new hex sides are really nice I think. I’m gonna stick with the old 2D map features though, I’m not a huge fan of jison style pastel coloured buildings, but that’s just personal preference. I’ve mixed and matched from 407 and got a nice setup I’m happy with now. I haven’t read the new infantry section in the IntroNapBattles pdf yet, but a quick at the figures makes me think I’m gonna enjoy reading it.
Bill-Peters

Post by Bill-Peters »

Happy to see that the script to re-route files to their own new subfolders is being done away with by having all new installers. The reason for this was outlined already for another series but just the same its a good move.

We all like the use of the subfolders as so many other game companies were using them a long time ago already. Keeps the files nice and tidy in proper locations for their function.

A reminder to have someone check out the numerous company-level scenarios in the titles before the rest of the updates are released. If you need a hand with that, Rich, I can help. Just send me a link to the updates before they go out. Leipzig has company level scenarios and so does Wagram. I believe Rich White did some for the WPW and BPW titles but don't quote me.
AndyDollerschell

Post by AndyDollerschell »

Looking for a little guidance. Don't think I've had to do a "clean install" before. If I did, I somehow pulled it off by mistake. How do I know if I have done a proper uninstall of the old game before I to the clean install? I Went through the Settings > apps > Installed apps and uninstalled the WDS Campaign Waterloo but I think all I did was uninstall the desktop icon. Would I just go and delete everything in the Campaign Waterloo folder? Make it as if it was never there?
Thanks
rahamy

Post by rahamy »

*If* you use the extra 3D maps there will be .bmp files inside the \Maps folder. Those can be left there. Everything else can be deleted. I would imagine there is not much left there... but depending on how long your installation was there it could vary.
Rich Hamilton
WDS Operations Manager
Dion

Post by Dion »

Everything looks good to me, the units, the counters, the maps, everything. The fact that you couldn't resize the dialog box before really got on my nerves, but now you can resize it and the computer will remember where you placed it last, what'a remedy! I hope it gets ported to the other series too!
oz77

Post by oz77 »

Dion wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:37 pm Everything looks good to me, the units, the counters, the maps, everything.
+1

Hopefully, unit counters on older titles can be upgraded to the standard of Waterloo.
PaulSan

Post by PaulSan »

The fact that you couldn't resize the dialog box before really got on my nerves, but now you can resize it and the computer will remember where you placed it last, what'a remedy! I hope it gets ported to the other series too!
It's surprising how such a little thing can make such a difference to your gaming enjoyment.

I want everything except the map to be able to float to a second monitor so the first monitor can have a full screen map. This really isn't that difficult to implement.