Squad Battles Modern War Scenarios

Forum to share all game modifications
john3905

Squad Battles Modern War Scenarios

Post by john3905 »

Just getting started with this game so forgive the newness. Is there a site for user created scenarios?
Carlos

Re: Squad Battles Modern War Scenarios

Post by Carlos »

The Task Force Echo 4 site contains many resources, mods and scenarios, some of them for modern wars.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't realize you meant the "Modern War" game, not just modern wars in general. There doesn't seem to be any user-created scenarios for that title on the site. It does contain a link for Africa at War, a full mod for Pacific War.

There are also some excellent mods floating around covering post-WWII conflicts that include plenty of scenarios. The ones I know of are: World at War (based on Pacific War), The Forgotten War (based on Korean War), The Long War and Arab-Israeli War (based on Soviet-Afghan War), Red Star over Europe (based on Vietnam).
WDS Support
john3905

Post by john3905 »

Thank you, good information to know
Kolc

Post by Kolc »

Africa at War is a great SB mod. Highly recommended if you like squad level tactics/games etc.
Akmatov

Post by Akmatov »

Any clue as to where these mods can be found? The Internet is huge and 'floating around' isn't helpful.
Embis

Post by Embis »

I have all these mods if anyone is having problems tracking them down, just pm me.
Sunbather

Post by Sunbather »

Embis wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:06 am I have all these mods if anyone is having problems tracking them down, just pm me.
This is a very friendly gesture of you! And although I don't own the WDS/Tiller games yet, I want to check first which ones have the best mods.
So I wanted to accept your gesture but then I found them myself, so for anyone else interested in those mods:

They actually are on the main inofficial SB mod page called "Task Force Echo 4". However, you won't find them by searching for them by name. On the "Graphics-Sound-Game Mods" you want to click on "IronX Game Mods".

https://tfe4.wordpress.com/graphics-and-sound-mods/
Embis

Post by Embis »

Although many mods will state that they are based on a specific game, ie "Red Star Over Europe" says its based on "Vietnam" the reality is that most, if not all "whole game mods" will run on any of the games. For example I have recently installed "RSOE" on a version of "Red Victory" . I havent experimented with all the mods but I am pretty certain they will all work across all the games.

In my opinion RSOE is by far the best whole game mod available in terms of graphics and game play.
Sunbather

Post by Sunbather »

Embis wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:28 am Although many mods will state that they are based on a specific game, ie "Red Star Over Europe" says its based on "Vietnam" the reality is that most, if not all "whole game mods" will run on any of the games.
I was already wondering about that myself. But I was afraid to think out loud, haha.
This would be marvelous because I have absolutely zero interest in SB Pacific War but I would love to play the "War in Africa"-mod.
Since I don't know yet where left and right is when it comes to these games, I wonder if the tilesets could be a problem? E.g. for the Africa mod you want jungle tiles, found in the Pacific War game and in the Vietnam games as well, I guess. Maybe that's the "soft" limitation for the mods to work on every SB game?

Embis wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:28 am In my opinion RSOE is by far the best whole game mod available in terms of graphics and game play.
I just watched a video on that mod today and it looks absolutely incredible!
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

My SBWW2 MOD has scenario's in it from desert, jungle, snow etc. You use the jsgme swapper with it to load correct tiles for whichever one you want to play.
Live now, pay later...