Airstrikes.

Forum for the Strategic War games series
stormbringer3

Airstrikes.

Post by stormbringer3 »

I'm unsure on how to approach airstrikes. For example, if I'm going to ground assault only 1 enemy hex should I use all of my air units or only some of them? Is there a point of diminishing returns? Should I try to use all of my air units every turn or let some of them rest once in a while?
Thanks for any help.
gwgardner

Re: Airstrikes.

Post by gwgardner »

For large numbers of air groups, the game imposes a limit on how many can strike a given location. It's probably configurable in the editor.

In general, the more air groups over a target, the greater the combat losses, but there is a lot of randomness and variability to that.

In the scenarios I've played, I could never determine if my air groups were actually getting reinforcements.
stormbringer3

Post by stormbringer3 »

Thanks for the reply. I almost never ground attack with my aircraft. When I do, I take heavy losses.
Dion

Post by Dion »

Ya, I take heavy losses when I use airstrikes too, but I figure it's worth it because the suppression that targeted units receive adds up over multiple strikes. I also wish I could determine if I'm receiving air reinforcements. Seems to me it should be common knowledge among operational commanders.