Optional rules and campaign

Forum for the Napoleonic Battles games series
Cédric Monget

Optional rules and campaign

Post by Cédric Monget »

I play a campaign against a human opponent. This is the second invasion of Portugal (the one led by Soult — in BPW). So far, everything was going well. But for the third battle of this campaign, all optional rules (except one) have been disabled. I hadn't changed anything and neither had my opponent.

How can this be explained and how can we start this battle again (without restarting the campaign) with the right optional rules ?

Thx :)
rahamy

Re: Optional rules and campaign

Post by rahamy »

The Optional Rules for any given battle are determined by the player who starts the battle. So, in your situation it sounds like your opponent had the first turn - he just pressed on without checking which rules he had set, and you have your given situation.

If you have a turn from the end of the previous battle you can revert to that and redo the transition choices, then make sure he verifies which optional rules he has set before completing the beginning of the 3rd battle.
Rich Hamilton
WDS Operations Manager
Cédric Monget

Post by Cédric Monget »

rahamy wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:27 pm The Optional Rules for any given battle are determined by the player who starts the battle. So, in your situation it sounds like your opponent had the first turn - he just pressed on without checking which rules he had set, and you have your given situation.

If you have a turn from the end of the previous battle you can revert to that and redo the transition choices, then make sure he verifies which optional rules he has set before completing the beginning of the 3rd battle.
OK, I understand.

I think my opponent solved the problem by doing it this way. Thanks a lot !
Christian Hecht

Post by Christian Hecht »

Good to hear, good luck with your campaign!

PS Will you register it at the NWC?
Général Christian Hecht
Commandant en Chef de la Grande Armée
Comte et Chevalier de l'Empire

Napoleonic Wargame Club
Cédric Monget

Post by Cédric Monget »

Christian Hecht wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:35 am Good to hear, good luck with your campaign!

PS Will you register it at the NWC?
I must admit that I am not very concerned about recording my games :(