UI Improvement Ideas

Forum for subjects that are not covered in the dedicated forums
Steve_R.

Re: UI Improvement Ideas

Post by Steve_R. »

One of the frustrations I have is that when I click on a unit commander, all units under his command are not highlighted.
  • My concern is with the Civil War Game series. Whether other game series are similarly affected, I do not know.
  • Now to immediately refute my concern. The ability to highlight all the units under a commander appears to be temporarily activated when you enter the "info" -> "show organization" -> click on one of the units. This seems to be overly complex and does not appear to work consistently. Consequently, making a lot of unnecessary clicks.
With the next update, I would like to have the ability to have all the units under a commander highlighted.This could be done with either a right click or a left click.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

I think that's not the menu option you're looking for. Try View-> Highlight -> Organization.
Hotkey 'Q', it's also sticky so it will remain activated.
WDS Support
rahamy

Post by rahamy »

Yep, use the HotKey and it will remain active, including when you go to a new organization. It remains active until some other "highlight" function needs to be executed.
Rich Hamilton
WDS Operations Manager
count_fuzzball

Post by count_fuzzball »

I would like to see more info in the "Selection Dialog" box (spacebar hotkey). It's such a convenient hotkey and the menu appears right on the player's mouse cursor, so no need to move the eyes to the side or bottom of the screen.

Additional info would be Morale, Movement Points and Troop Quality:
Screenshot_20221111_155829.png
Screenshot_20221111_155829.png (52.54 KiB) Viewed 379 times
Would be nice to see it converted a bit to display the Hex terrain info as well.
Steve_R.

Post by Steve_R. »

Xerxes77 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:22 pm I think that's not the menu option you're looking for. Try View-> Highlight -> Organization.
Hotkey 'Q', it's also sticky so it will remain activated.
Thanks that really helped.