UI Improvement Ideas

Forum for subjects that are not covered in the dedicated forums
rahamy

Re: UI Improvement Ideas

Post by rahamy »

redrum68 wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:00 am Yeah, the tab key at least shows it in the information bar but I think the improvement would be to show information directly on the unit counter similar to how games like war in the east do it. Otherwise the big issue is you can only look at one hex at a time and can't get any information at a glance across the map.
If you are a Napoleonic player, this feature is part of the next update cycle:

Strength_Values.png
Strength_Values.png (204.25 KiB) Viewed 723 times
Rich Hamilton
WDS Operations Manager
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Fantastic!
WDS Support
Bob1304

Post by Bob1304 »

I like the idea of having the stack info pop up near the location of the hovering pointer when using the R hot key. Otherwise, I can't see the results because I use Windows Magnifier. I have poor eyesight. The space bar doesn't provide enough information to make it useful.
HerrDak

Post by HerrDak »

It would be nice to have some function to count automatically the number of hexes from one point to another (for the weapons range damage).

Ejército Mexicano
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

HerrDak wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:44 pm It would be nice to have some function to count automatically the number of hexes from one point to another (for the weapons range damage).
We can tick that one off - the new Range Check Tool will be part of the next update for Napoleonics! Hopefully it will extend to more series.
WDS Support
HerrDak

Post by HerrDak »

Xerxes77 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:27 pm
HerrDak wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:44 pm It would be nice to have some function to count automatically the number of hexes from one point to another (for the weapons range damage).
We can tick that one off - the new Range Check Tool will be part of the next update for Napoleonics! Hopefully it will extend to more series.
¡Thats Great!

Ejército Mexicano
count_fuzzball

Post by count_fuzzball »

I wouldn't mind seeing an additional zoom level for the 3D views of Panzer/Modern Campaigns, similar to how close down the squad battles 3D view can get.
I find it hard to make out the terrain and unit cards with the current zoomed-in level for PzC/MdC.
nukkxx

Post by nukkxx »

But there is already a range shading function so you can easily check whether the target is in the range of your arty. At least on PzC, WW1 and MC.
Maybe not on Napoleonics
Campaign Gettysburg, Campaign Leipzig, Campaign Waterloo, Danube Front '85, East Prussia '14, El Alamein '42, France '14, France '40, Japan '45, Modern War, Moscow '41, Republican Bayonets on the Rhine, Serbia '14, Stalingrad '42, Middle East '67.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

nukkxx wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:13 pm But there is already a range shading function so you can easily check whether the target is in the range of your arty. At least on PzC, WW1 and MC.
Maybe not on Napoleonics
Not in Napoleonics nor in CWB... so the new range check tool for Nap is really good.
However the best feature in this regard IMO is the Target Highlight/Shade used in PzC, PB & SB... you can tell at a glance which units you can shoot.
WDS Support
rahamy

Post by rahamy »

The Artillery Dialog serves that purpose in the early time period games. Using it it highlights all the available targets for the selected artillery battery.
Arty_Dialog.png
Rich Hamilton
WDS Operations Manager