Indian Wars

Forum for the Early American Wars games series
scaz

Indian Wars

Post by scaz »

Can anyone confirm or deny whether or not WDS is working on a game based on the Indian Wars of the American west?

I could've sworn that I saw a screenshot about a year ago that looked like an Indian Wars game. Would definitely be a good subject IMO.
rahamy

Re: Indian Wars

Post by rahamy »

I *still* have the Little Big Horn scenario in development...keeps getting pushed to the back burner. As of this moment it is planned to be the Demo for the EAW series with 4 scenarios. If it is well received and there's a demand it could be turned into a full game...but that remains to be seen...
LBH.jpg
Rich Hamilton
WDS Operations Manager
rahamy

Indian Wars

Post by rahamy »

Moving topic from General folder.
Rich Hamilton
WDS Operations Manager
scaz

Post by scaz »

COOL! So I didn't imagine it! And I seem to remember it was an EAW title.

I think it would be a great addition to EAW.
mamnich

Post by mamnich »

I'd be interested in Am. West Indian Wars. This could cover several areas and campaigns against different tribes/tribal groups.
Mike
Squadman45

Post by Squadman45 »

Lets see how the demo works, i am not a lot in indian wars and maybe at certain level is more for SB scale... but if this works i think engine could fit colonial wars... and i think in Boer Wars as a good option.
S Trauth

Post by S Trauth »

Only limited amount of formations - and the indigenous formations don't really fight the same way as in linear combat (neverminding that their OOBs wouldn't be structured on an equivalent model either --- neverminding that is assuming you can actually identify a system limited command structure (which is pretty tough) - I know at the Wabash there were server different guys claiming to be in overall command of the indigenous force there - when in actuality it was none of them - not someone else either- but more of a confederacy with a common objective.

Different groupings are going to have different objectives -and some will be far larger in size than others (which LBH would have as well). Not to mention, the objectives in this sort of combat isn't always really military in nature if you really want to address the actual historical situation. Your military on all sides in effect were targeting non-military objectives -and these objectives, weren't generally taking territory (although sure in the 1876 War it was basically control over the Black Hills where they found gold (iirc along French's Creek down around -maybe in, the area of Custer State Park) -last time I was there they had a reproduction of the squatter stockade built. Couldn't go in it- but it was there as you approach the park from the main western entrance nearest the town of Custer.

Want the Boer War? Better be prepared to come up with some solid OOB info - it isn't good enough to point to it being out there and available, because the nature of these titles is that the guys running this company are not in the position (resource-wise) to just trot out a project based upon request - it might be something that if you really want it - you might have to be prepared to put it together (yeh sure make a good enough proposition - you might get taken up on it) ... but I mean take M&P's thread for a second -- just the fact that it was said 3 out of those posted in someone's survey of whaddaya want from the series were projects in states of development? Well it would be a mistake to read into that responsiveness to a posted poll - but rather that they'd been in progress for a number of years already. Not an educated guess on my part either - that statement's more than that - but the point being -somtimes if someone really wants something --- they have to go to maybe that sort of level.
Alan Sharif

Post by Alan Sharif »

So, 'Little Big Horn' is out!!! This is great to see, and what a pleasant surprise.
rahamy

Post by rahamy »

Rich Hamilton
WDS Operations Manager
Erzhog Karl

Post by Erzhog Karl »

Alan Sharif wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:55 am So, 'Little Big Horn' is out!!! This is great to see, and what a pleasant surprise.
Another great addition to the WDS stable, and the Eastern Front too.....there is no stopping these guys ! :lol: