More Shorelines, or a Landmass (Map) Editor in future Updates

Forum to share all game modifications
ARNORIEWE

More Shorelines, or a Landmass (Map) Editor in future Updates

Post by ARNORIEWE »

Gentlemen, I'd like to create for the gaming community many interesting KM vs. RN Encounters (Scenarios) and find it would be great to have a
Map or Landmass editor to hand. I've already created 2 with the Strait of Dover shoreline map but they (the scenarios) are inaccurate because
most of the actions I'm trying to depict actually took place more to the SW in the Isle of White area, which is the shoreline of Southern England and Northern France part of the English Channel.

Either a Map editor or more shoreline .png maps (to scale) , such as the aforementioned area; More Mediterranean \N. African coastline,
Aegean (Greek \ Crete) coastline, Bering Sea , North Cape (including Bear Island) coastline, the Western France (Bay of Biscay) coastline Shore
Maps would be a welcome asset to these (KRIEGSMARINE and Wolfpack) Great games! I still don't have the other Naval games in this series, but
I'm sure this would go great with them also.

Not that you folks haven't done a phenomenal job already and in no way am I belittling your work, especially the main Designers John Tillman
and Gary McClellan. But a little extra here , I feel, would go a long way with these games as future updates!
...just some thoughts, please tell me what you think!
Last edited by ARNORIEWE on Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
rahamy

Re: More Shorelines, or a Landmass (Map) Editor in future Updates

Post by rahamy »

We will consider the editor option, at some point, but we still have a couple of titles planned for the future. So that is something for later down the road.
Rich Hamilton
WDS Operations Manager
Dion

Post by Dion »

I can see where a map editor would be very good to a scenario designer of naval operations, as it would give the designer the ability to cover hypothetical situations with ease, such as naval actions that include small, unknown uncharted islands and coral reefs, damage to airfields and ports, etc. It's a big ocean out there.
76mm

Post by 76mm »

Another request for a map editor for this game (and all other WDS games!). With an editor I'd buy this game, but without it probably not.