Dawn and Dusk....Emplaced supply wagons

Forum for the Civil War Battles games series
Hoyt Burrass

Dawn and Dusk....Emplaced supply wagons

Post by Hoyt Burrass »

Some questions crop up...

Am I correct in recalling that Dawn and Dusk turns begin at the hour denoted in the PDT?
And during dawn and dusk turns visibility is limited to the number of hexes stated in the PDT file?
The duration of this reduced visibility is the value for 'hours of twilight' stated in the PDT?
And those twilight turns are of normal duration (20 Minutes)?

Second group of questions:
Emplaced supply wagons....resupply units within normal supply range....can they be used to reload depleted supply wagons that are not emplaced?

thanks in advance,
krmiller_usa

Re: Dawn and Dusk....Emplaced supply wagons

Post by krmiller_usa »

The dawn and Dusk turns start on the hour noted in the PDT, normally
Dawn 6:00
Hours of Twilight: 1
Twilight Visibility: 4 hexes
means 6:00-6:20-6:40 turns will be Dawn turns with visibility at 4 hexes max.
Some scenarios that use weather rules are designed with increasing/decreasing visibility for dawn/dusk turns. I have designed scenarios where Dawn turn is 2 hexes, next one 4 and third one 8 with the next going to max using the weather rules.

Don't recall ever seeing Emplaced Wagons but it can be done in the editor so if they are wagons then they can resupply small arms ammo to units in range. I have never seen wagons resupply other wagons.

These is a Supply Source in some scenarios, these keep surrounded units in supply for Isolation purposes but have no effect on ammo supply.
Ken Miller
Excelsior

Post by Excelsior »

In Campaign Peninsula, the Army of the Potomac has emplaced wagons at Savage Station during the 7 Days. They supply troops but not other supply wagons.
Hoyt Burrass

Post by Hoyt Burrass »

Thanks to you both....that is what I needed, and the emplaced wagons are in Peninsula.