ARNORIEWE

Re: Ship-to-Ship Naval Gunfire

Post by ARNORIEWE »

Thanks. _
#40_0808 EC Luftwaffe Attack on CW-9.rar
(4.31 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
Luftwaffe Attack on CW-9.rar
(1.14 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
Gary I sent the WDS Support team the files and I hope they got them to give to you! Please forgive my ignorance because I rarely send attachments in E-mails and am getting forgetful at how to do these things (I'm surprised you got my attachments!) anyhow just in case I will try to attach the .scn & .oob files right here for you._Hope it works...
ARNORIEWE

Post by ARNORIEWE »

Sir, contacting the WDS support e-mail to give them the files isn't working for me: They only return the files to me!
I will try to send you the files here as a RAR Zipped file...
.scn and .oob files.zip
(5.81 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
rahamy

Post by rahamy »

Arno, I replied to your Help Desk ticket this morning.
Rich Hamilton
WDS Operations Manager
GMcClellan

Post by GMcClellan »

There's certainly something odd going on here, though I can't put my finger on it. I'm going to consult with Andy and see if he has any clue what's up.
Scenario Designer: Naval Campaigns & Musket and Pike
ARNORIEWE

Post by ARNORIEWE »

Dear Sirs, I've downloaded and applied the KRIEGSMARINE 403 update, ran my "problem" Sim and sadly, nothing has changed: The german "big guns" remain silent throughout. Oh, the allied convoy destroyers are shelling those shore batteries alright , and the only german guns returning
fire are the 88mm A.A. guns attached to some airbases, when in range; but not a peep out of the Shore batteries!

This is very frustrating because when I studied ( and copied) what Mr. McClellan did with his "Guernsey and Jersey" scenarios ( where the shore batteries actually shoot !) and when I try my hand at making an interesting (and historical) scenario, it makes me want to rip out my hair and wonder what the **** it is that I'm doing wrong? ( ! )

Well gentlemen, if there's no fix for this problem , I'll just have to delete those guns from the scenario, because it is, after all, just a game, albeit a GREAT game in many respects, but it is a shame (considering you all worked hard and we pay good money for your talents). In the end, I'd still appreciate your help with this, but if it can"t be fixed, C'est la Vie!

_Sincerely, Arno Riewe (RAUBKATER)
rahamy

Post by rahamy »

Not saying it "can't be fixed", but this will likely need to wait until a future round of updates for us to look into it further. We have limited resources and other series are calling for attention.
Rich Hamilton
WDS Operations Manager
ARNORIEWE

Post by ARNORIEWE »

Aircraft .DAT file.JPG
Hi Gary, Rich Hamilton just informed me that I'll have to wait for future updates; so be it, but now why I'm writing you and what I want to bring to your attention:
I installed KRIEGSMARINE update 403 and played the "problem" scenario and noticed that the Hurricanes would'nt launch
from the airfields! So I went into the Aircraft .DAT File and found the problem, (which I fixed before) In the speed column,
the Hurricane has a "0" and so I changed it to 180 and now they launch again. Also I noticed the Spitfire has 190 speed to
the Bf109s 180 speed giving it an unfair advantage over the german fighter. Actually both were pretty evenly matched!

I'm just posting this because other players may also wonder why the Hurricanes won't take off or why the 'Spit' always outruns
a '109' ! I've attached my Aircraft .dat file just to show what I believe should be corrected.
GMcClellan

Post by GMcClellan »

The fix for the Hurricane will be out with the official 4.03 patch.
GMcClellan

Post by GMcClellan »

In regards to the Spitfire, I'm a bit more hesitant to change that right now. Do remember that speed doesn't directly impact the winner or loser of a dogfight, but it is instead based on this equation:

Dogfight * Vulnerable * Training-Modifier with the first two values set in the database, and the last in the pdt.

There is a certain advantage in being about to "run down" an enemy, I admit, but there are a few moving parts involved in the game and I don't want to make changes until I understand them fully. (Remember, that John is the one who designed the guts of the system, including how those values are set, so I'm still working on understanding everything even now.)

I will look at it across the board in all the games with aircraft. (though it's likely to be more of a long term project, certainly not in 4.03).
rahamy

Post by rahamy »

And to clarify, the *whole series* is going to 4.03 with the updates we are planning to release in the next couple of weeks. A few issues were found in 4.02, so that will be addressing then and getting Jutland and Tsushima up to speed.
Rich Hamilton
WDS Operations Manager