Map Colour

Forum for the Civil War Battles games series
Verdun1916

Re: Map Colour

Post by Verdun1916 »

Plain Ian wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:15 pm Ah ok. I've been looking at the tiled Hi-Res Map terrain thinking it was 3D hand drawn. My \Maps folder doesn't contain any humongous whole map BMP's.

I upgraded to 4.1 so it looks like I didn't bother d/loading the 3D maps at the same time. Will pull down now and check to see how they look. The Hi-Res are a bit 'full on' to look at and I'm looking for something a bit easier on the eyes.........

Thanks for filling me in Rich.
Have you tried the new Map Ferraris mod for the Civil War game series? However that is a 2D map and counter mod only though so it doesn't affect the 3D game exerience.
Plain Ian

Re: Map Colour

Post by Plain Ian »

Not yet. I did see the Ferraris maps in the Napoleonic series and they looked great. Counters were so so with some kind of wierd overlap down one edge of some of them.

I usually play 2D and use 3D to get an idea of the terrain. 3D unit graphics tended to be too large for my taste but they have improved....or maybe my old eyes now appreciate them a bit more. I 'inherited a 23" LCD from daughter so have just retired my old 17" square LCD.

Will have a look.