Map Colour

Forum for the Civil War Battles games series
IainF

Map Colour

Post by IainF »

Hello all, another question...

When I start the replay on my Gettysburg PBEM the 3D map is a darker green colour for a brief second or two before changing to a lighter/washed out colour. I much prefer the first colour and was wondering if there's a way I can have the former rather than the latter as I much prefer it!

Is there a button I can press or some setting somewhere I can't see?
rahamy

Re: Map Colour

Post by rahamy »

Are you running the 4.01 update? If so your (2D) ground tiles should be darker...
Rich Hamilton
WDS Operations Manager
IainF

Post by IainF »

I am running 4.01, the 2d ones are darker but I'm talking about the 3D ones.
rahamy

Post by rahamy »

Do you have the "Hand Drawn 3D Map" option checked in the Settings menu? Those maps were smaller so are included in all the installers and are on by default...and they are a lighter color.
Rich Hamilton
WDS Operations Manager
IainF

Post by IainF »

That fixed it, cheers!
Plain Ian

Post by Plain Ian »

Is the Hand Drawn 3D Map permanent now? It doesn't matter if I toggle off the Option in settings or not? I still seem to get the 3D option.
Running 4.01 as well.

Is the 3D map a large BMP file? I can't see it in any of the folders?
Verdun1916

Post by Verdun1916 »

Plain Ian wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:26 pm Is the Hand Drawn 3D Map permanent now? It doesn't matter if I toggle off the Option in settings or not? I still seem to get the 3D option.
Running 4.01 as well.

Is the 3D map a large BMP file? I can't see it in any of the folders?
Well turning off the hand drawn 3D map doesn't remove the 3D map from the game, it just replaces the hand drawn ones with regular, classic, stile 3D map.

Or did I missunderstand what you meant?
Plain Ian

Post by Plain Ian »

Yes thatshow I thought it worked as well? Im pretty sure it worked like that in JTS 2.0? Maybe I have to swop out the map files? Or is just pbem that it works in?
rahamy

Post by rahamy »

The "Hand drawn" 3D map files are .bmp files and should be inside the \Maps folder if present. If they are there, the system will use them, if not, the system will default to the "tiled" display.

If you have them and don't want to display them, you can uncheck the option in the Settings menu.

Personally I have removed them all, as I have *every* game we publish plus a bunch of Dev stuff - and I need the space. So it's a personal preference on what you choose to use.
Rich Hamilton
WDS Operations Manager
Plain Ian

Post by Plain Ian »

Ah ok. I've been looking at the tiled Hi-Res Map terrain thinking it was 3D hand drawn. My \Maps folder doesn't contain any humongous whole map BMP's.

I upgraded to 4.1 so it looks like I didn't bother d/loading the 3D maps at the same time. Will pull down now and check to see how they look. The Hi-Res are a bit 'full on' to look at and I'm looking for something a bit easier on the eyes.........

Thanks for filling me in Rich.