New units graphics in 4.03?

Forum for the Napoleonic Battles games series
HeinzPepperoni

New units graphics in 4.03?

Post by HeinzPepperoni »

Hello,

I play Campaigns: Leipzig. I was expecting to see the new 3d units in the 4.03 update like a previous news bulletin had promised, but I'm afraid it hasn't been the case yet and I'm still on the old dated miniatures.
Could I have any info on that? Did I do something wrong updating or is there a different ETAs for those units?
Thank you.
rahamy

Re: New units graphics in 4.03?

Post by rahamy »

Hi,

The 3D Units for Leipzig were not slated to be replaced. Only Campaign Waterloo got that upgrade this round... and really, Leipzig already had the smaller unit style for 3D, so not sure we will be replacing those...

Napoleon's Russian Campaign is next, then Eckmuhl & Wagram. It is a very time consuming process to do this however, so no time line on when these will be ready.
Rich Hamilton
WDS Operations Manager
HeinzPepperoni

Post by HeinzPepperoni »

Hello,

I must have misunderstood then, the Waterloo 4.02 news bulletin stated the update will have been extended to the other napoleonic titles so I assumed you meant the isometric units as well. Thanks for clearing it up.

Damn shame though if Leipzig doesn't get this treatment. The old units are really hard for me to make out in the terrain so I'm always forced to use the 2d NATO view, unlike the demo where I can play, and prefer to do so, in the isometric view.
Guess I'll have to get the Russian campaig whenever it's updated!
Verdun1916

Post by Verdun1916 »

It would be nice to see the same style of 3D skirmishers across the board though like the new ones in Waterloo! They look ALOT better than the ones in the rest of the game series.
Last edited by Verdun1916 on Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IainF

Post by IainF »

I'd really like to see the unit cards be the same style as the new Waterloo ones too, much better I think.
Bigus

Post by Bigus »

I'd like to see artillery graphics similar to the demo (and I assume the full version of Waterloo). I can clearly see the facing.

Demo:
Art1.jpg
Art1.jpg (42.35 KiB) Viewed 1585 times

Green on any color is extremely hard to see and ugly IMHO. This observation is from Eylau which is the only full version I own.

Eylau:
Art2.jpg
Art2.jpg (23.48 KiB) Viewed 1585 times
Holdit

Post by Holdit »

rahamy wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:28 pm Hi,

The 3D Units for Leipzig were not slated to be replaced. Only Campaign Waterloo got that upgrade this round... and really, Leipzig already had the smaller unit style for 3D, so not sure we will be replacing those...

Napoleon's Russian Campaign is next, then Eckmuhl & Wagram. It is a very time consuming process to do this however, so no time line on when these will be ready.
WARNING: PURE OPINION FOLLOWS :-)

If resources are limited, I would suggest obtaining permission from Philippe to use his graphics mods for Austerlitz, Jena, 1812 and the the two 1809 vs Austria titles and use WDS resources to redo the graphics to the new Waterloo standard for the more recent releases: 1813, 1814, Spain x 2, RBR and Italy, because I think they're more badly in need of it : the artillery isn't great as pointed out above, neither is cavalry and the unit bases often don't line up properly.
Ferro

Post by Ferro »

Thought folks might be interested in seeing a quick progress snapshot:
Teaser.jpg
Teaser.jpg (230.19 KiB) Viewed 1419 times
WDS Graphics Coordinator, Pre-1900 Series
chris_merchant

Post by chris_merchant »

that is a beautiful sight!
Holdit