New products

Forum for the Modern Campaigns games series
Andrea G

Re: New products

Post by Andrea G »

The Iran - Iraq war would be most interesting!
Phantom453

Post by Phantom453 »

Squadman45 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:50 pm I am curious if we can see an Iran-Irak war title... or move what ifs in Europe to 50-60-70 decades.

Well, first is demo.
I too think the Iran-Iraq war would be a great title for a new Modern Campaigns title. Eight years of war and quite a mix of operations/ intensity and use of different weaponry by both sides in that time.
Strela

Post by Strela »

Phantom453 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:44 am
Squadman45 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:50 pm I am curious if we can see an Iran-Irak war title... or move what ifs in Europe to 50-60-70 decades.

Well, first is demo.
I too think the Iran-Iraq war would be a great title for a new Modern Campaigns title. Eight years of war and quite a mix of operations/ intensity and use of different weaponry by both sides in that time.
I agree, I would love to do an Iran-Iraq war title…
letarsier59

Post by letarsier59 »

Sino-Vietnamese war : one month long and some good opportunities on both sides.
Clauskugel

Post by Clauskugel »

Verdun1916 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:53 pm I'd love to see a new title covering Scandinavia. Either as part of the current 1985 series were the Soviet and Warsaw pact attacks Finland and Sweden to get to Norway and Denmark.
Or as more of a stand-alone were the Soviets attack Finland and Sweden in an Operation Garbo-style war.
I fully agree. Very intriguing scenarios could be created here with different combinations of Scandinavian and NATO reaction forces in a geography rarely seen in wargames. A highly plausible theater of war in the cold war. Let's get to work!
Squadman45

Post by Squadman45 »

The good thing i see in cover Scandinavia is... open the doorr to have Finland in PzC, i think the role in MC for Finland could be like Austria in Danube Front BUT stronger.

And well, Iran-Irak war could be a exotic title because apart the units involved... is like teleport WWI to WWIII using the Scheldt '44 unit pool.
JLee7329@yahoo.com

Post by JLee7329@yahoo.com »

I'd like to see some more Modern Campaign titles. There are plenty of interesting campaigns and scenarios out there. The Southwest direction with Hungary and Russian going through Austria or Yugoslavia to invade Italy. Bulgaria and Romania against Turkey and Greece. The Artic Front with Norway, Finland, and Sweden. An invasion of Hokkaido Japan. There's also the Central America. Maybe even Alaska or the US.

Also for historical scenarios you can take the Falklands, Grenada, and Panama invasions and put them into one game. Call it Little Wars of the 80's or something.
Ashcloud

Post by Ashcloud »

I want to see Chechnya, Georgia, Crimea, Angola and Rhodesia.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

JLee7329@yahoo.com wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:36 am Also for historical scenarios you can take the Falklands, Grenada, and Panama invasions and put them into one game. Call it Little Wars of the 80's or something.
Just in case you missed them, the Squad Battles series currently covers two of those three conflicts ;)
WDS Support
scaz

Post by scaz »

Iran-Iraq War would be the next logical title as there is a ton of material to work with (8 years of warfare) and it was the last "conventional war ever fought.