Reinforcement turn due

Forum for the Panzer Campaigns games series
Chris21wen

Reinforcement turn due

Post by Chris21wen »

I want to find when a Corps HQ arrives. I can find it Scheduled dialog list by looking but that's not easy when you have a lot of units in the list. I've tried find but it tells me it's not on the map which is not helpful. Is there a way to do it simply?
LordDeadwood

Re: Reinforcement turn due

Post by LordDeadwood »

No unfortunately there's no way to do it simply. I created for myself a program that reads the .scn and .oob files and can output the reinforcements schedule to a spreadsheet and from there to format it by turn number. But again, no easy way.
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

Missed a minor trick here then. Maybe when a find is run the result could display due turn with the cursor going to the entry hex.
Strela

Post by Strela »

LordDeadwood wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:54 pm No unfortunately there's no way to do it simply. I created for myself a program that reads the .scn and .oob files and can output the reinforcements schedule to a spreadsheet and from there to format it by turn number. But again, no easy way.
We have you covered!

There is a little known function in the PzC Scenario Editor called 'Scenario Summary'
Post 20221103_02.jpg
Post 20221103_02.jpg (24.77 KiB) Viewed 608 times

This essentially outputs all the details for a scenario including a detailed reinforcement listing like so:
Post 20221103_03.jpg

This is from a scenario in Kiev '43 and you can look at the full summary here:
summary.zip
(2.22 KiB) Downloaded 33 times
KAreil

Post by KAreil »

Thanks Strela!
Unfortunately this shows you far too much - wanting to play "blind" this gives me far too much information about the other side.

EDIT:
It would be really nice to get this summary feature into the game-EXE so that it filters to the active side. Something for the Wunschzettel :D
Tapfer. Standhaft. Treu.
(PzGrenB 13, Ried im Innkreis)
Strela

Post by Strela »

KAreil wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:19 am Thanks Strela!
Unfortunately this shows you far too much - wanting to play "blind" this gives me far too much information about the other side.

EDIT:
It would be really nice to get this summary feature into the game-EXE so that it filters to the active side. Something for the Wunschzettel :D
No problem KAreil, I understand, the point was more for LordDeadwood who could probably use this to output his reinforcement schedule rather than write a program for it.
Erzhog Karl

Post by Erzhog Karl »

Strela wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:34 pm

We have you covered!
There is a little known function in the PzC Scenario Editor called 'Scenario Summary'

Thank you for that 'Gem' of info, Brilliant, every day is a school day !
LordDeadwood

Post by LordDeadwood »

Strela wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:34 pm
LordDeadwood wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:54 pm No unfortunately there's no way to do it simply. I created for myself a program that reads the .scn and .oob files and can output the reinforcements schedule to a spreadsheet and from there to format it by turn number. But again, no easy way.
We have you covered!

Post 20221103_02.jpg

This essentially outputs all the details for a scenario including a detailed reinforcement listing like so:

Post 20221103_03.jpg

This is from a scenario in Kiev '43 and you can look at the full summary here: summary.zip
That is useful! But it's by date/time. When I'm playing a game I want to know the turn number, I don't want to have to convert dates to turns (counts on his fingers...) My goal was to create a tool you could use before/during the game to create a turn-based list of reinforcements like the old boardgames had. But as KAreil said, there is the FOW concern. Ideally, such a tool would be tied to the players file encryption password and read the .bte/.oob files. But my programming skills are not quite up to that level!