Command Control 4.03 ask for activate AI

Forum for the Napoleonic Battles games series
hapshott

Command Control 4.03 ask for activate AI

Post by hapshott »

Hello,

I'm always playing with Command Control. But now I get a question box which asks "OK to activate AI?" when I press OK in the order dialog window. This happens for me with all Napoleonic games I have.

If I press OK I can give the next orders. But not one of the given command in command control is followed up when done given all the orders,

Is this a known issue?

Best regards,

Hapshott
rahamy

Re: Command Control 4.03 ask for activate AI

Post by rahamy »

You should download and apply the 4.04 update which I believe resolves the issues with C&C:

https://wargameds.com/pages/updates-napoleonic-battles
Rich Hamilton
WDS Operations Manager
hapshott

Post by hapshott »

Hello,

Thanks for the fast response. 4.04 has the same issue. I just downloaded it and get the same pop-up.

Best regards,

Hapshott
rahamy

Post by rahamy »

We'll look into it further for a future round of updates. Note, outside of one bug calculation fix, we have not worked on this module.

According to the legacy code you have to give orders to all subordinate divisions etc. if you command a corps. It is not sufficient to only give an order the corps.

Our plan is to more fully review the C&C code once we have had a chance to address the A/I behavior.
Rich Hamilton
WDS Operations Manager
hapshott

Post by hapshott »

Hello Rich,

Thanks for fast answers. I will wait for the next patch.

I always give all the subordinate units commands. I just tried waterloo and the units moved. But in Austerlitz the units didn't move (units didn't indicate that it they were fixed).

Best regards,

Hapshott
Tirailleur

Post by Tirailleur »

Hello, I can also confirm that Command & Control no longer works as it did before (for me).

I also put the 4.04 update on all my games. I use Command & Control as well that I also give commands to all subordinate units - following the beautiful example on youtube of Desktop Grenadiers.

But with the update this no longer works. I can only give commands on my chosen highest level. After that the program asks for "OK to activate AI?". After OK confirmation, the Command & Control box appears again briefly, but disappears very quickly. The error occurs regardless of the Napoleonic series games.

Best,
Marco
hapshott

Post by hapshott »

Hello, Did the 4.05 also solve the command & control settings? I tried it and it seems to work again. I could give all my units an attack command.
rahamy

Post by rahamy »

We did not specifically work on the CC module, but glad to hear it is working for you.
Rich Hamilton
WDS Operations Manager
goddard.c@sky.com

Post by goddard.c@sky.com »

Under latest patch I set C and C and unit shows a destination hex but many units do not move at all and get skipped over during the turn so I cannot even move them manually. Is Command and Control not usable at the moment. I was trying to use it on Jena Map where units have miles to march and the click fest is killing my hands.
LarkinVB

Post by LarkinVB »

goddard.c@sky.com wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:48 am Under latest patch I set C and C and unit shows a destination hex but many units do not move at all and get skipped over during the turn so I cannot even move them manually. Is Command and Control not usable at the moment. I was trying to use it on Jena Map where units have miles to march and the click fest is killing my hands.
Please check this. viewtopic.php?p=5178#p5178