Night Time Graphical Representation

Forum for subjects that are not covered in the dedicated forums
skc

Night Time Graphical Representation

Post by skc »

Is there any way, when say visibility drops to 2 hex and less, to be able to 'grey' out the map terrain colors. This would be nice to remind one that it is indeed night time instead of missing the mention in the toolbar at the bottom.

If anyone has any idea of a mod for this or if WDS can do it and consider for next update?
John Spartan

Re: Night Time Graphical Representation

Post by John Spartan »

I like it.
HerrDak

Post by HerrDak »

This Is a good idea!

Ejército Mexicano
LordDeadwood

Post by LordDeadwood »

Some titles have different background sounds during the night turns... I know the FWWC series does... You get cricket/frog sounds during the night turns. Seems to me I've heard that in Tunisia 43 as well, although it's a little out of place there...
dukemat

Post by dukemat »

has anyone noticed the new penalty for night movement with update 4.01 optional rule. It seems excessive in turns in Gettysburg. There are a lot of night turns where reinforcements are coming on. If they march at night, by the time they arrive they will have accumulated quite a lot of fatigue.
Sunbather

Post by Sunbather »

I am just getting into these games but I must say that a graphically represented nighttime would increase immersion tremendously. It doesn't have to be fancy at all, just some darker tiles, similar to how Decsisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensives does it.
Sunbather

Post by Sunbather »

I came to think some more about the feasability of having night/dark tiles. And I came to a maybe genius solution. It is already in the game. When you press the button to see visibility of hexes or firing range or whatever, the rest of the tiles turn grey. It already looks like night. When you deactivate the tool again, the map turns bright again. Couldn't it be coded that at least optionally the tiles stay grey when it is night time? It wouldn't take anything away from the game since you could still use LoS or range tool and get highlighted hexes. And it should be somewhat easily implemented in all titles at the same time since the actual colouring is already there, no?
It feels weird to have long night operations in e.g. the Panzer Battles and it looks like a bright sunny day.