EAW system & LBH

Forum for the Early American Wars games series
mimar

EAW system & LBH

Post by mimar »

I have original JTS Camp. 1776. WDS was so kind to provide me with Camp. 1776 v.4.0. I have snatched up Little Big Horn, and ask now...
Is there a way to not have to keep 2 separate .exe's? ie. just have ability to have the LBH scenarios LIVE in the Camp. 1776 folder, so as to start and play LBH via Camp. 1776 start exe.? Also to save some disk space.
Carlos

Re: EAW system & LBH

Post by Carlos »

Not possible. Each game uses exclusive data and image sets.
WDS Support
rahamy

Post by rahamy »

As Xerxes77 said, no, each game must be in it's own folder. If you want to save disc space you can go into the \Maps folder of each game and delete the *.bmp files - these are the hand drawn 3D map files and they take up a lot of space. There is still the 3D "tiled" maps, so you don't completely loose the 3D functionality.

You can use the free Menu program to launch all your games from a single interface, you can grab that here https://wargameds.com/pages/resources-other-downloads.
Rich Hamilton
WDS Operations Manager
mimar

Post by mimar »

understood. Thanks for your replys.
Verdun1916

Post by Verdun1916 »

mimar wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:35 pm I have original JTS Camp. 1776. WDS was so kind to provide me with Camp. 1776 v.4.0. I have snatched up Little Big Horn, and ask now...
Is there a way to not have to keep 2 separate .exe's? ie. just have ability to have the LBH scenarios LIVE in the Camp. 1776 folder, so as to start and play LBH via Camp. 1776 start exe.? Also to save some disk space.
Well if you don't want a cluttered desktop filled with game .exe icons, and you don't want to have to go into the various game folders to start each game, I would suggest you download and install the WDS menu, which you can find here: https://wargameds.com/pages/resources-other-downloads .

That way you can start all your WDS games aswell as all their respective PDF-documentation and various editors through one single icon on your desktop.

Cheers!