Where is the Flight List? (Modern Air Power)

Forum for the Modern Air Power games series
keoman

Where is the Flight List? (Modern Air Power)

Post by keoman »

I have all of the Modern Air Power games. The Game User Manual talks about a Flight List display on the left side of the screen like the naval games. The Flight List should display recently selected aircraft but more importantly, right clicking on the Flight List should yield a lot of aircraft information. The display described like this sounds exactly like the Ship List displayed in the Naval WDS games. But I can't find it in the Air games.

The problem is that there is no Flight List on the game display and no way to turn it on. I want access to the plane data, but don't want to dig through the tables in the Parameter Data Help dialogue. Like finding how many and what types of guns a ship has in the Naval Series.

Is there a way to access the flight list? For example, I want to compare the Dogfighting ability of two aircraft easily.

Thanks
parmenio

Re: Where is the Flight List? (Modern Air Power)

Post by parmenio »

This looks to me like a mistake - Sorry.

The most recent version of the User Manual should refer to the "The Flight Information Area" not the "The Flight List".
The Flight Information Area
The Flight Information area appears in the lower-left hand corner of the screen.
It shows a picture of the currently selected flight, which is indicated on the map
with a red circle around it.
Can you send an email to the helpdesk?

The email address is on the "Help->About" menu on every game. Alternatively click on the WDS Support link at the top of this page.
Andy Edmiston
WDS Lead Programmer
parmenio

Post by parmenio »

Should also say "The Flight Information Area" is the equivalent of the "Alternate Interface" in the Naval Campaigns Series.
Andy Edmiston
WDS Lead Programmer
keoman

Post by keoman »

Yes. I noticed that the "Getting Started" instructions reflect the Flight Information Area theme, but the User Manual does not. Possibly not revised from original version? Maybe the original Air game used the old interface but the User Manual was not updated? That is my guess because from your helpful response, it seems that the game as it now stands has omitted the old Sea Power Ship/Flight List interface. I can live with that as the new interface is fine once you get used to it. Don't think this needs a help desk ticket because the game works fine as designed.

Only peeve I have is not being able to quickly access the aircraft data (like Dogfighting, etc) by a right click on the aircraft in the "Flight Information Area." Digging through the aircraft data is tough and long.

MJK
parmenio

Post by parmenio »

Pleased I could help. The help desk ticket was more about the wrong version of the manual being in the installer for the games
Andy Edmiston
WDS Lead Programmer
Hawk27

Post by Hawk27 »

Hi keoman,

Modern Air Power saw a lot of internal changes during development for the Air Force, many of which never saw public release until the "Single Player Version" (SPV). Those changes were finally rolled into the WDS 4.0 releases of WOM and WOV, but it looks like the documentation included was from one of the many interim builds that came before. Half of it is old, half of it is current.

Attached is a zip file with the documentation from the MAP Demo. These should be much closer to what you see in-game.
Attachments
MAP Demo Documentation.zip
(1.65 MiB) Downloaded 56 times
keoman

Post by keoman »

Thanks. Didn't know the game was originally developed for the Air Force. Cool.
Hawk27

Post by Hawk27 »

Any time. You should check out the Notes.pdf that come with both games, plenty more info in there.