PzC mods?

Forum to share all game modifications
Bullman

PzC mods?

Post by Bullman »

Hello,

A recent owner of several WDS titles, I have gone looking at replacing some of the graphics files in the games with the various user mods that have been created. It seems many of the sites/links that did host the mods are down/broken/abandoned.

I was looking to install the map mods for PzC Market Garden '44 from one of the sites that still seem to be up (mapmod.se) but even they curiously don't seem to work. If anyone knows where I can downloads map mods for PzC Market Garden '44, please let me know.

I am now just looking at mudding certain files and aspects of the game myself. I am only really interested in improving the 2D views (I would disable all 3D views if I could!) and primarily some of the unit counter colours.

I am wondering if anyone can tell me:

1. What files control the colours that get assigned to the divisional markings on the unit counters that appear as the background of the NATO symbols?

2. The files 2DSymbolsSm.bmp 2DSymbolsLg.bmp and 2DSymbolsMag.bmp all seem to relate to the graphics used for the unit counters at the three zoom levels. What specifically is the role of the three styles of counter in each file?
2DSymbolsMag.png
2DSymbolsMag.png (4.57 KiB) Viewed 1383 times
Regards

Bull
zovs

Re: PzC mods?

Post by zovs »

You have to make modifications to all 7 of the files I think.

I started out with my unit info mod (see other thread) and now am making some flat board war game counters for all the nations.

This is for Budapest but I'll make them for all the games eventually.

Direct link:

https://i.imgur.com/HQbaPYp.jpg
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Bullman wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:15 am 1. What files control the colours that get assigned to the divisional markings on the unit counters that appear as the background of the NATO symbols?
As far as I know those colors are assigned internally by the program and cannot be modified.
WDS Support
Bullman

Post by Bullman »

Xerxes77 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:03 am As far as I know those colors are assigned internally by the program and cannot be modified.
OK, I did think that was the case. Thanks.
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

No, the divisional markings color is hard coded, but you can change all the unit counters, look at my pzb pilish mod!!
Live now, pay later...
RickyB

Post by RickyB »

The color isn't hard coded, but derived based on unit name. So sometimes a small tweak (abbreviate something, add/remove a period, etc) to the division name will adjust the color to what you may prefer, or to differentiate from a nearby division. But it is essentially random. At least that is how it was, and the OOB designers would adjust the names slightly to change colors this way.
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

RickyB wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:41 pm The color isn't hard coded, but derived based on unit name. So sometimes a small tweak (abbreviate something, add/remove a period, etc) to the division name will adjust the color to what you may prefer, or to differentiate from a nearby division. But it is essentially random. At least that is how it was, and the OOB designers would adjust the names slightly to change colors this way.
Interesting!
Live now, pay later...
zovs

Post by zovs »

RickyB wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:41 pm The color isn't hard coded, but derived based on unit name. So sometimes a small tweak (abbreviate something, add/remove a period, etc) to the division name will adjust the color to what you may prefer, or to differentiate from a nearby division. But it is essentially random. At least that is how it was, and the OOB designers would adjust the names slightly to change colors this way.
Good to know!
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
erick_repie

Post by erick_repie »

I do hope some mod saints refined/add the pre scripted AI order in older/most of PzC tittle (long campaign)- in order that human vs AI become more challenging and enjoyable.