France '40 - Fall Gelb Mod

Forum to share all game modifications
J_Irons

Re: France '40 - Fall Gelb Mod

Post by J_Irons »

homet

Post by homet »

I was seeing the same error that Erick reported with the original 403 version of the Fall Gelb Mod, but the new version of the Fall Gelb Mod that you recently posted works fine. Thank you
erick_repie

Post by erick_repie »

The first zip.file is missing France_WDS.oob file - thats why its crashing.
The second link already contain that file mentioned above - and its runs well.
Its huge undertaking to run this scn with mammoth unit densities though.
J_Irons

Post by J_Irons »

@ Erik, @ Homet,

thanks for your feedback!

I'm glad to have good news from the western front! So... Danzig!

@ Erik,

The idea for a "single" Heeresgruppe scenario is a very good and practical one but my dream is to plan a multiplayer where to a single player correspond a single Armee management plus a player "playing" the part of the OKW / OKH. For sure difficoult to manage, but ... Do you imagine? As a dream... Involving Mike P.?

PS: I'm almost finished the first day of the campaign, soon I'll published a topic in the After Action Report corner

T(h)anks
Geyerfalck

Post by Geyerfalck »

Hi !

This reminds me I once played a campaign with AND versus my brother !
As per drawing hereafter, I was player A and my brother was player B.
This combination was great fun, because we were both allied and opponents of each other's units !
The decision to play 2nd French Army with AG 2 instead of AG 1 is because it was the German "Schwerpunkt", thus more difficulties to maintain cohesion at this front's location between 9th Army played by me and 2nd Army played by my bro ... Without mentioning the endless bargaining about Railway points with sometimes unexpected course of operations...
France40.jpg
“In war, the moral is to the material as three to one.”
N. Bonaparte
Kidrep711

Post by Kidrep711 »

This looks amazing! Unfortunately I am about 5 turns into this scenario and lord knows those 5 turns is more action than probably half of the games in the rest of the series. haha

I do plan to play this again though and will def be using this mod. Can the maps be used independently and midgame?
J_Irons

Post by J_Irons »

Hi Kidrep711,

I'm glad you like my mod, at the moment i'm working on another heavy update (not compatible with the previous version) and i'm testing it.

It seems working fine to me, so I'll published it as soon as I can togheter with an After Action Report with Maps comparing the historical paths of the divisions to the ones in the game, at the moment (Turn 7) 100% the same.

Once you copy the picture-file in the map folder you can use the graphical part independently of the Mod scenario Fall Gelb but you will find the names of the commander of Brigate / regiments (modded) only in the modded scenario.

Cheers