Mod Ferraris Gettysburg

Forum to share all game modifications
jmartin

Mod Ferraris Gettysburg

Post by jmartin »

First attempt to adapt my Napoleonic mod to the Civil War Battles series. I have only been able to test it in Gettysburg since it is the only game in this series that I own.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/53wjakz3ptr72 ... g.zip?dl=0

Excelsior

Re: Mod Ferraris Gettysburg

Post by Excelsior »

Great job! Very impressive.
Verdun1916

Post by Verdun1916 »

Hurrah! This is something I have been wishing for ever since the possibility was raised over on TheBlitz! I'll be downloading and testing this at once on Forgotten Campaigns, Campaign Overland and Campaign Petersburg. :D

Thanks for this! :D

EDIT:
So I tried the mode on the above mentioned games using JSGME. To do this I simply created a new folder and named it "Map" and placed all the mod files within it and placed the folder within the Mod Ferraris Gettysburg/Mod Ferraris Gettysburg folder were the mod files were originally located.
Then copied the Mod Ferraris Gettysburg/Map/mod files folder into the JSGME MODS folder off all three games and installed them.

And it seems the mod works well with Forgotten Campaigns, Campaign Overland and Campaign Petersburg so far. Haven't had time to test each games extensively with the mod but so far it looks good. If I encounter any issues I will post them in this thread.

Cheers!
kamikazebunny

Post by kamikazebunny »

Verdun1916 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:03 pm Hurrah! This is something I have been wishing for ever since the possibility was raised over on TheBlitz! I'll be downloading and testing this at once on Forgotten Campaigns, Campaign Overland and Campaign Petersburg. :D

Thanks for this! :D

EDIT:
So I tried the mode on the above mentioned games using JSGME. To do this I simply created a new folder and named it "Map" and placed all the mod files within it and placed the folder within the Mod Ferraris Gettysburg/Mod Ferraris Gettysburg folder were the mod files were originally located.
Then copied the Mod Ferraris Gettysburg/Map/mod files folder into the JSGME MODS folder off all three games and installed them.

And it seems the mod works well with Forgotten Campaigns, Campaign Overland and Campaign Petersburg so far. Haven't had time to test each games extensively with the mod but so far it looks good. If I encounter any issues I will post them in this thread.

Cheers!
nice work. I have alwasy looked forward to this Napoleonic like map style. And i have tried this method to load the map mod. It works to campaign Ozark. I guess i will try other game i owned to test if work right.
And i find a slight problem about the grahic of the church. It doesn't show on the map. Others look well.
02.PNG
02.PNG (374.88 KiB) Viewed 1361 times
01.PNG
01.PNG (342.53 KiB) Viewed 1361 times
PJS

Post by PJS »

Thanks, this is really a beautiful look. I am very impressed at grateful for it!
Ashcloud

Post by Ashcloud »

What is the 2DHexSides25.pdn file?
jmartin

Post by jmartin »

2DHexSids25.pdn is a file generated by the graphic design program I use. It has no function in the game. It shouldn't be there. I forgot to delete it.
Ashcloud

Post by Ashcloud »

jmartin wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:35 pm 2DHexSids25.pdn is a file generated by the graphic design program I use. It has no function in the game. It shouldn't be there. I forgot to delete it.
All good.
Bill-Peters

Post by Bill-Peters »

I like how the paths/trails stand out from the woods better than in the stock WDS graphics. Always has been a problem in ALL of the series too. It was improved in a more recent update. It used to be where you could not see the Trail/Path at all in some cases.

Well done and I plan on trying out the mod in a future game. Make a copy of my game folder and apply the artwork files to the copy.