2D Counters Mod

Forum to share all game modifications
jmartin

2D Counters Mod

Post by jmartin »

Taking advantage of the fact that in the latest versions you can easily alternate the unit symbols, I have updated an old unit mod.

[urlhttps://www.dropbox.com/s/4pgos5zvu2d3e4j/Mod%2 ... s.zip?dl=0][/url]

Holdit

Re: 2D Counters Mod

Post by Holdit »

Very nice. Looks like the old La Bataille counters.
emm700

Post by emm700 »

I just wanted to thank you for this mod. Having played La Bataille, I found the 2d graphics in WDS uninspiring and I rarely played. Since installing this mod I am totally hooked. The layout is very clear and the uniform graphic really brings the game to life for me. Thanks again.
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Hello JMartin,

It looks great the uniforms you have modded. I installed dropbox but am required to pay a subscription fee.

Is there an alternative to get hold of your mod without having to pay to dropbox. Or maybe you send me the files to raybursch49@gmail.com

I would be very grateful.

regards,
Raymond
jmartin

Post by jmartin »

As far as I know, it is not necessary to have a Dropbox account to download the file. What I think may happen is that Dropbox shows you a message asking you to register, but if you close it you can continue with the download. Nobody had ever raised that problem with me before in this mod or in the Ferraris mod.
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Hello and thank you for your early reply,

I copied both files from your map folder RBR (unidades3) in Dropbox and pasted it in my map folder (RBR). I had to rename the .jpeg to .bmp files i.e.(2DSymbols50b.jpeg in to 2DSymbols50b.bmp). A pop up window warned me that the files may not work properly. Starting the RBR game I then got an error reading message.(?)

regards,
Raymond
jmartin

Post by jmartin »

The image generated by dropbox, even if you change it to bmp format, does not match the image file used by the game. If you have been able to see the image you should be able to download the file. To do this you have to click on an arrow next to the registration button.
Furthermore, as a general rule, to change the format of a file it is not enough to change the extension. You have to use some program that does it.
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Hi,

clicking on the arrow in dropbox is what I have done yesterday. It then prompted me to pay an annual fee... :cry:

Okay, I see! I will have to forget this mod.

Or then you send me the .bmp files by email to:

raybursch49@gmail.com

Thank you for your kind explanations, :)

Raymond
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Hi JMartin,

thanks to Ian Lawrie who sent me the files my games are now appearing in your modded uniforms.

Muchas gracias!

Saludos,
Raymond
jmartin

Post by jmartin »

I'm sorry I couldn't answer you sooner. I'm glad you already have the files. I hope you enjoy the mod.