PzC – Zovs Mods

Forum to share all game modifications
3-37 Armor

Re: PzC – Zovs Mods

Post by 3-37 Armor »

Just thought I'd offer my congratulations for this. I know you worked long and hard on getting things done and done right. I mod a few things for my own use and I know how difficult it can be. Hat's off!
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Looks great. Using it in my France '40. Thanks for the effort.
zovs

Post by zovs »

3-37 Armor wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:38 pm Just thought I'd offer my congratulations for this. I know you worked long and hard on getting things done and done right. I mod a few things for my own use and I know how difficult it can be. Hat's off!
Thank you very much for the kind words!
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
zovs

Post by zovs »

Tempest wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:04 pm Looks great. Using it in my France '40. Thanks for the effort.
Awesome! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do lol.
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
ChrisAd

Post by ChrisAd »

And it's finally here 🍻
LordDeadwood

Post by LordDeadwood »

I'm liking this mod a lot, particularly the dark background on the unit cards. Makes the text really stand out and easier to read. The "bolder" NATO markings on the counters is also nice. My one question is: why green for Italian units? I applied the EA42 mod for a game I'm currently playing, and the green Italians were a real culture shock! :D Just curious why you picked that shade of green. Other than that, I really like it. Great work!
zovs

Post by zovs »

ChrisAd wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:39 am And it's finally here 🍻
+1 yes it is, glad you like it. (crosses fingers)
zovs

Post by zovs »

LordDeadwood wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:55 am I'm liking this mod a lot, particularly the dark background on the unit cards. Makes the text really stand out and easier to read. The "bolder" NATO markings on the counters is also nice. My one question is: why green for Italian units? I applied the EA42 mod for a game I'm currently playing, and the green Italians were a real culture shock! :D Just curious why you picked that shade of green. Other than that, I really like it. Great work!
Thank you for the kind words.

As far as the Italians go, I made some design decisions here:

1) I did not like the orange for the Italians, I think that is more suitable for the Netherlands.
2) Originally I wanted to use a color similar to the light olive green from Europa, but I found that they blended in too much with the WDS terrain and my graphics tools when I beveled the counters made them too light.
3) So I searched Italian uniform colors and could not find anything suitable so I used a color off the Italian flag and here we are.
zovs

Post by zovs »

Regarding the Unit Info boxes I totally agree, I tried to make flags, uniforms and other things work but in the end I found that darker colors works when you right clicked and I felt that the dark color when you right clicked gave much better readability and again another design choice was to make them even more enjoyable (primarily for me), and playable due to being able to read the vital text presented.

To me this look and feel is much better.

Likewise, I personally love the "bolder" NATO symbols as to me they are more readable.

This just helps me at a glance see what is on the map, what it is and then I can just "plan" out my moves.

Don
ChrisAd

Post by ChrisAd »

On my laptop FHD the bolder borders don't look that nice.
On 4k though it looks very nice.